• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really like the look! Totally unique.

Oh my! Those are amazing... It never crossed my mind to get a pair like that.

It might be unpopular around here but I prefer the Alden version over the Randolph; however those are phenomenal!!! What welt color is that?

View attachment 1275598

Welcome! If that grouping of shoes doesn't double by this time next year, we'll have to revoke your membership!;)

Kidding, but that looks like a well rounded set of shoes with different styles and colors! You've got your bases covered!
If you're talking about the full strap Alden, meh due to last. LHS on Van trumps these, just like the Patriot. (Volume)
It's supposed to be buff, but the edges lean more natural to trans brown.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m starting to believe that shades of burgundy are really the best
View attachment 1275448
Lots of guys would agree with that, I believe
View attachment 1275445

First wear of the TS Bourbon Daltons - they feel GREAT (511 is my JAM). These will be getting a lot of wear - looking forward to seeing how they age.

View attachment 1275446

I put some Chili edge dressing on a cotton swab and darkened up the welt a bit; I’ll spend more time evening out the color soon. Also: Guarded Goods whiskey laces.
Translucent brown, but the welt was a bit lighter than I wanted.
Edit: you can see the transparent brown edge better at this angle:
View attachment 1275466
So nice!
Happy Friday forum pals. Today is a Florsheim Friday. These were originally all black and I had them resoled to change out the welt stitch color and edges to antique. Some of those pictures at the spoiler. Note to @ae_ashley, wouldn't this make a nice MacNeil webgem?

View attachment 1275552

View attachment 1275562
Why yes, yes they would
What could have been... if only someone hadn't tossed the tooling!

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casual Friday and heading out with Mrs. Donkey tonight to celebrate 21 years. Not going anywhere fancy and just doing stupid stuff we used to do when we were 21 at the stupid places that are still around all these years later, so I'll probably just keep this combo going on. Uniqlo selvedge and SMU Oxblood Daltons with red Dainite soles from @ae_ashley. Easily my most complimented pair of shoes, which kills me since they're just my poor man's shell version for now. 22 wears in 2019 and they're finally starting to feel somewhat comfortable for extended periods, which is weird since my Sullivan Streets felt awesome in less than 10 wears.

Attachments

• IMG_3698.jpg
    IMG_3698.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 35

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about the full strap Alden, meh due to last. LHS on Van trumps these, just like the Patriot. (Volume)
It's supposed to be buff, but the edges lean more natural to trans brown.

Yes Alden full strap. I know you would have issues wearing it but the look on the foot is so clean. I wish AE would have chosen to not do hand stitching and instead just stick with machine stitch on the Randolph... Personal preference. :hide: Very good on the welt, it turned out well. I hope my trans brown is darker rather than some of the light I've seen.

Either way, those shoes look great in bourbon. I'm convinced that bourbon can make ANYTHING look good!!

Casual Friday and heading out with Mrs. Donkey tonight to celebrate 21 years. Not going anywhere fancy and just doing stupid stuff we used to do when we were 21 at the stupid places that are still around all these years later, so I'll probably just keep this combo going on. Uniqlo selvedge and SMU Oxblood Daltons with red Dainite soles from @ae_ashley. Easily my most complimented pair of shoes, which kills me since they're just my poor man's shell version for now. 22 wears in 2019 and they're finally starting to feel somewhat comfortable for extended periods, which is weird since my Sullivan Streets felt awesome in less than 10 wears.

Happy anniversary to you, my friend!

Not a huge fan of Dainite for comfort, but the red bottoms and red top really pops!!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes Alden full strap. I know you would have issues wearing it but the look on the foot is so clean. I wish AE would have chosen to not do hand stitching and instead just stick with machine stitch on the Randolph... Personal preference. :hide: Very good on the welt, it turned out well. I hope my trans brown is darker rather than some of the light I've seen.

Either way, those shoes look great in bourbon. I'm convinced that bourbon can make ANYTHING look good!!

Happy anniversary to you, my friend!

Not a huge fan of Dainite for comfort, but the red bottoms and red top really pops!!
Well, I think everyone knows my feelings on machine vs hand stitching! Randolph and Patriot included, but I make do. It's hard being me.

MMiUSA

Reaction score
Getting a bit discouraged with fitting lately. My feet have changed a good bit over the last 2 years.

I feel like I can't find anything that works well these days. 65 is a no go for me outside of the Strandmok which fits a little wider for whatever reason, as the width I need for my ball /toes ends up being too big in the heel. I bought the Mackenna (201 last) blucher in 10E (my brannock wearing dress socks is like 10.25 E / 10 E). The length feels a bit long but not unbearable, but more problematic is the heel seems too wide and roomy which slips.

I am thinking of ordering the Higgin's Mill as well, but worried as the last time I got a 10.5 E natural, I felt it too long. But my brannock with medium thickness socks is 10.5E / 10.25E, so in theory the HM being popularly regarded as TTS length, should have worked. Any suggestions for sizing here?

My "local" store (about 1.5 hours away) literally never has any wide in stock, so I am constantly having to order, try on, return, wait, repeat. Any suggestions on last that may have a better heel fitment but also allow for a somewhat higher instep / wide forefoot area?

lemmy127

Reaction score
Do any weasels wear "trendy" sneakers? I feel like the odd man out wearing GATs on a casual Friday haha

Fear not, I've got a pair of Epaulet GATs and a pair of Nike x J. Crew Killshot 2s that both get heavy wear on casual Fridays. LL Bean camp mocs got the call today though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads