• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1265216

Waxy brown suede Higgins Mills in the wilds of the Knoxville airport. He wasn’t “one of us” though.
Wife's best friend lives in Knoxville, been in the airport many, many, many times but have never seen any decent footwear, other than what I was wearing.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know, I know! I'm not THAT far behind the times! ;)

Well I'm just south of you so it shan't be long. Interesting... Well it'll be faster than expected.

Yes blue suede NST. Been eyeing the AOM makeup but I just can't shell out that much cash for suede now. @Neo1 posted it the other day and it was about the most impulse buy I've ever made... :devil:
just my perspective... it's an extremely casual build for the way you seem to lean in shoe preferences.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Post RDA sale discussion. Does anyone think $245 was a bad long term pricing strategy on so many Heritage models? How about $235 for Randolph? I see a lot of UTUBE videos that tell the viewer to never pay full price. Does anyone think AE would have lost sales at the Heritage price of $295 or just lost a lot of margin at $245?

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update. This guy was also not an enthusiast. Complained that they weren’t that comfortable.

I just tell people that say that to head to the mall and get some really nice comfy plastic shoes.

Some of them figure it out. The rest? Meh. /shrug

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wife's best friend lives in Knoxville, been in the airport many, many, many times but have never seen any decent footwear, other than what I was wearing.
If you’ve been to that airport late at night, maybe you've seen me...hanging out near the “pond.”
32799557-63A8-4645-BE03-CB193A9A5ED9.jpeg
I love the way the blue lights shine off of navy shell. Poor scuffs after an Allegiant flight. Ewww.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paging @M635Guy. The Grant Stone Leo last fits like Alden's Barrie?

So if I am reliable 11D in all AE and a solid 10.5D in Barrie, GS' Leo last (boot) should fit me in a 10.5D?

Thinking seriously about pulling the trigger on a boot of theirs. ALSO, it says ships next week... When does that mean it'll actually hit my doorstep?

Anyone else can chime in! Thanks!!
I actually like Leo slightly better, but sizing is the same. If you're solid on 10.5D in Barrie, you're going to like it in Leo. As far as shipping, they're generally extremely efficient. For me it's always here on the 2nd day.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am incredibly tempted to set this as my avatar. I literally laughed out loud when I saw this. Never gets old. :)

I just got word back that we won't be able to pull off matching belts (this was kind of a last minute offering, to be honest), but that we'll look into them for sure next year because we see the demand.
You should absolutely set that as your avatar.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Post RDA sale discussion. Does anyone think $245 was a bad long term pricing strategy on so many Heritage models? How about $235 for Randolph? I see a lot of UTUBE videos that tell the viewer to never pay full price. Does anyone think AE would have lost sales at the Heritage price of $295 or just lost a lot of margin at $245?
Youtubers and bloggers alike tell people to never pay full price for anything... offering them "on sale" is usually enough for the ignorant unwashed masses.

That's an interesting what if: did they sell enough more at $245 to make up for profits lost not selling at $295? I can tell you that i'd rather sell fewer at $295 than more at $245, even if I made slightly more net profit. The reduction in actual output would allow me more time to make a better product that justifies the higher price. I know that eats into profits, but someone working at 80% capacity will likely have better mental/physical health than someone working at 110%. My customer gets a better product. My employees are happy and healthy. I make enough money to pay everyone and still invest in my future. Better for everyone.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently I am, lol. I thought she always went by AC.

Well it's an easy mistake to make with marriage changing one's name!

I sold my Alden Blue Suede NST (not exactly the right fit) in anticipation of the GS. Mine should be shipped soon (I hope)

Wow, that is some high praise of GS...

I just filled my blue suede hole right before GS dropped their new boot. Fortunately these were seconds.

those are what I wanted. Gorgeous. I'll never get my size in seconds, so I had to look elsewhere. Jealous.

just my perspective... it's an extremely casual build for the way you seem to lean in shoe preferences.

You're right. All my boots thus far are Barrie though... I've really been lusting after that style boot and with it being suede, I can go for a tanker style design for a casual shoe.
You don't own GS since you can't get them in widths, correct?

I actually like Leo slightly better, but sizing is the same. If you're solid on 10.5D in Barrie, you're going to like it in Leo. As far as shipping, they're generally extremely efficient. For me it's always here on the 2nd day.

I'm really excited! Why do you like Leo better? Well I wonder when they'll ship since it's said next week for a few days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads