• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HMs in their natural environment
326CF248-635C-4D71-A128-671C32F25059.jpeg

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing English Tan Horween Dublin Leather McGillicuttys (MTO McAllisters with brass eyelets, reverse split welts, flat laces, and Dainite soles) while waiting behind a yellow line around an hour into a very long day. Am probably one of the very few members of this group who enjoy walking around all day on Dainte.

View attachment 1262346

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, long days generate lots of them. Here's the first one.

Bill and I comparing watches (Santa Fe Rule 3) one last time before the start of his final run from Los Angeles. Bill and I have worked together and ridden together on trains for over forty years.

View attachment 1262347

On long days, sometimes "A-E In The Wild" pictures tend to get wilder. Here's the second one.

At the pre Halloween Mystic Night Market event at Diehl Marcus & Company in East Hollywood. It was very mystical.

View attachment 1262348

For fans of drink pictures in shoe threads, had several glasses (out of a steaming cauldron) of Witches Brew (cranberry juice, rum, apple brandy, and nutmeg) at the Mystic Night Market. It was very good and, as you can see from the ingredients, very good for you.

View attachment 1262349

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads and who can't make out the food through the rising steam, here's it is.

Minor food note, the pumpkin cookies went very well with the Witches Brew although was rather bummed out about there being no absinthe cookies with champagne frosting like last week.

View attachment 1262350
That's a great picture of you and Bill. So, he's retiring? He need look no further than you on how to do it in style.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Oh no those nice boots are scuffed!"

"Yeah it's just patina they're fine."

"Do you have nicer ones you wear on dates?"

"Well of course."

It wasn't until I got back to the car that I realized the girl at the checkout was hitting on me.

#patinaandawkwardness

IMG_20191019_123457_887.jpg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of HMs today.
I made the same choice.

This was the tumbled brown pair that I dyed the back half black. I have worn them a lot and eventually came to the conclusion that they were redundant with my all-brown pair. I considered dying the front half black, and then decided maybe I should try the classic black and burgundy combination first.

822E4B6A-ACC2-47AD-B11B-D92C2345312F.jpeg

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Fine day yesterday in the Rocky Mountains. I skipped work and took my sons to the 1000 yard shooting range where they fought the wind and shot gallon milk jugs full of day-glo water. I avoided the wind and drank most of the warm beverages while offering commentary.

HMs for the day outdoors.

HMs_25.jpg

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice from the group:

I have a pair of burgundy shell Bradley and I’m contemplating going crazy o_O and having them redone with natural/buff split reverse welt and double JR soles. Would look a bit like this:
2F3DEBEC-E97F-4EEB-A9FC-3C63826A8C0F.jpeg

Might even do the exposed eyelet thing too. So question: crazy? Cool? Or crazy cool?

I have plenty of other formal/dressy options, so that’s not really a huge consideration here.

I’d appreciate any thoughts/advice

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a pair of burgundy shell Bradley and I’m contemplating going crazy o_O and having them redone with natural/buff split reverse welt and double JR soles. Would look a bit like this:
View attachment 1262603
Might even do the exposed eyelet thing too. So question: crazy? Cool? Or crazy cool?

I have plenty of other formal/dressy options, so that’s not really a huge consideration here.

? whoa sounds awesome.
Bradleys have soooo much potential for cool mods. Love the eyelets on those in your photo

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1262603

Do it.
20190403_082432.jpg

DoubleOldFashioned

Reaction score
Lots of HMs today.
I made the same choice.

This was the tumbled brown pair that I dyed the back half black. I have worn them a lot and eventually came to the conclusion that they were redundant with my all-brown pair. I considered dying the front half black, and then decided maybe I should try the classic black and burgundy combination first.

View attachment 1262588
They look killer.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
I've received the first of my TS shipments. Absolutely love this pair of green First Avenues. Unfortunately, they left off a pair of the speed hooks for lacing, and I understand this is not a field serviceable part. So, they are getting a return trip and I'm looking forward to seeing them soon.

I offer this as a lesson here for my forum friends...you should always order more than one pair at any Trunk Sale. That way, if you have an issue you have something to wear while the first one gets sorted. :)

Green_25.jpg

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1262603

giphy.gif

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've received the first of my TS shipments. Absolutely love this pair of green First Avenues. Unfortunately, they left off a pair of the speed hooks for lacing, and I understand this is not a field serviceable part. So, they are getting a return trip and I'm looking forward to seeing them soon.

I offer this as a lesson here for my forum friends...you should always order more than one pair at any Trunk Sale. That way, if you have an issue you have something to wear while the first one gets sorted. :)

View attachment 1262630
SMH @ QC - that is kind of a big miss. Must have been quality checked on a Monday at 7AM or a Friday at 4:45PM! Hopefully, it’s a quick easy fix. Kinda like the Bedos video where he talks about forgetting to put on the heel stacks for a customer overseas. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads