• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1259551
well just learned that my TS order is not even in production yet so my HM and I practiced some patience with one of my foster pups. She has been with me for over a year but fingers crossed that she can find her forever home before my Chili Dundees and Bourbon HM make it to mine
She's a cutie!

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My order doesn't even show up on my account so who knows where it is. I can only assume it hasn't shipped because I still don't have a notification but if it's not associated with my account anyway, maybe I won't even get one.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My order doesn't even show up on my account so who knows where it is. I can only assume it hasn't shipped because I still don't have a notification but if it's not associated with my account anyway, maybe I won't even get one.
Unless you ordered it online, it won't show in your online account. You'll need to contact an SA to see the status.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless you ordered it online, it won't show in your online account. You'll need to contact an SA to see the status.

oy. that's handy. they keep all that info so it shouldn't be an issue to just ping that database on the back end to display all the info.

the 877 number says there's an upper booked. :\

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure glad the limited run shaved shell got into the hands of EBay flippers ?

I was angry too when I saw this listing, until someone mentioned that he's not going to make much money after shipping and Ebay fees. I'm 100% certain if AE accepted a return that someone else on here would pick them up.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was angry too when I saw this listing, until someone mentioned that he's not going to make much money after shipping and Ebay fees. I'm 100% certain if AE accepted a return that someone else on here would pick them up.
Actually, if he got them in Chicago (and lives in Chicago) he's losing money. But it is a little insane given that you had to be there in person and should know your size for that. AE should be able to easily identify the person they belong to if they wanted to block them from future exclusive items but I doubt it. It is unfortunate that if you want them you'll be paying more $ than retail to attain them while eBay collects its fees.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It irritates me because he ordered the limited shaved shell, which kept others from getting to order it.
I can’t even order the suede chukkas I want because they’re not currently making them in my size.

In unrelated (?) news, I’ve decided to try Rancourt. I’m just waiting on a return call.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It irritates me because he ordered the limited shaved shell, which kept others from getting to order it.
I can’t even order the suede chukkas I want because they’re not currently making them in my size.

In unrelated (?) news, I’ve decided to try Rancourt. I’m just waiting on a return call.
Rancourt's good people, and they do B widths! I have found phoning didn't always net results. When I contacted customer service I got a response pretty quick.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AE should just make a rare exception to accept returns on the shaved.
So that it goes into the hands of one of us?

If they accepted a return simply because he didn't like the way it looked, apart from opening a can of worms, I think that the second buyer should probably still pay first quality pricing for them since they appear to be firsts.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So that it goes into the hands of one of us?

If they accepted a return simply because he didn't like the way it looked, apart from opening a can of worms, I think that the second buyer should probably still pay first quality pricing for them since they appear to be firsts.

Yes. I don't think AE would have any trouble selling them for full first quality pricing to some weasel on here. I do think that the returns should only be accepted for fit issues, or if there's some serious QC issue. Again, I'm only suggesting this for the shaved, as that color was so limited and a lot of people missed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads