• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is so cool. And it's nice to have verification I wasn't just imagining their greatness out of nowhere.
If not too much trouble, would love to see a pic of both sometime!
And as for the brushes, if it's just that they're all gunked up, I wonder if Dawn dishwashing liqid or a grease solvent wouldn't help clean them up some.
Ps. Enjoy my dad's shoe box and brushes. lol.
I will take some photos tomorrow and post them. Have tried Dawn, and it helped a lot. I basically just decided to use my GS brushes and leave the old ones alone ( but use them for my "yard work" boots). Estate sales are the bomb, last week found some Alden shoes that the estate sale agent said had "white mold" on them, (serious shell bloom was all), $5.00/pair, not my size but what a great deal for Alden shell longwings. Sold them before I had even cleared all the bloom;

Moose22

Reaction score
Professional Troll? How does one earn money being a troll? because if one can, I might be interested................

Honestly? You can do it. There are boiler rooms full of "interns" -- college students, folks from south Asia, Russia, etc. -- whose job it is to frequent social media and act like normal users while proselytizing their assigned point of view. This has been the purview of politics and propaganda for a long time, but an awful lot of commercial interests use a similar strategy these days, both to make them seem more popular than they are and to spread FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) about competitors.

FUD has been a thing for as long as there has been... well things. But the internet has democratized it mightily.

I'm sure you can find something from your local political party, or wherever you would go to find a job telemarketing.

** edit to add -- I MUCH prefer what's happening here. A rep trying to be helpful and making sure people know they can contact someone to get answers they need. I'm totally not talking about @ae_ashley , who is doing an honest job well.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honestly? You can do it. There are boiler rooms full of "interns" -- college students, folks from south Asia, Russia, etc. -- whose job it is to frequent social media and act like normal users while proselytizing their assigned point of view. This has been the purview of politics and propaganda for a long time, but an awful lot of commercial interests use a similar strategy these days, both to make them seem more popular than they are and to spread FUD (Dear, Uncertainty and Doubt) about competitors.

FUD has been a thing for as long as there has been... well things. But the internet has democratized it mightily.

I'm sure you can find something from your local political party, or wherever you would go to find a job telemarketing.
Oh F*ck it, too much effort, I'd rather just be a normal user of the threads I frequent and enjoy the conversations.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm using a new Grant Stone which does well enough and is losing its hair.

My dad had an old brush he and I used forever.
Big honkin' thing with good stiff black bristles that would beat the tar out of this one I have now
and occasionally even be used to drive in a nail somewhere when needed. A duplicate of which is never to be found on the interwebs, though. I tried. Not even close.
I have the same brush, also was my dads.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a big difference between stupidity and ignorance.

Ignorance can be cured. It just means someone doesn't have experience with something, hasn't been given all the facts or the wrong facts, doesn't understand something... you can read a lot on internets forums and still be ignorant. It's hard to grasp detail without context.

OP is ignorant. He just doesn't understand, or just doesn't want to understand. And he was misled by an AE sales rep, which doesn't help. But I doubt he's stupid.

He is a jerk though.
I'm sure he was stupid. Ignorant is beside the point.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Earlier I was making a plea for AE to have current offerings of suede versions of some of their better classic styles. And now just stumbled on this. This? This is what once was but I don't see offered now? I rest my case.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And this is why I keep coming back.
3d8ofx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads