• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I happen to have my Higgins on today, I will try and snap a pic in the sunlight later, as I work in a building where I cannot have my phone on me. I hope by saying Color #8 I wasn't wrong, AE list's it as Brown, however it appears to be the same as the Color #8 from the Horween website, please correct me if I'm wrong

Thanks for info on sizing, so what I'm taking from this is I should look at 12.5E for my next purchase, I'll post up which make-up I choose before ordering just for confirmation, at the moment I have this in my cart
Strandmok Cap-Toe Oxford with Dainite Rubber Sole
Item No: 2900-125-D
Color: 2900 Brown Nubuck with Olive Sole
size: 12.5
width: D

If they are AE brown, then similar but not a full-on red cxl pair. Post the pics anyway please, as we all like real world shots!

Why is that olive sole screaming my name? Why?

BTW,
Fit suggestions from me have limited value, would shore anything I say up with input from others...as my size range leads to fitment variations.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And now we interrupt for a few shoe pics
50E0DC07-131C-43D1-931A-30AD95C1996B.jpeg

47D4DB62-3D84-4BA3-BF58-2BA7F6143363.jpeg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a lovely color combination you chose. Reminds me of a BMW combo I admire too which is deep sea blue exterior with brown cinnamon dakota leather interior. Almost got my wife to go for it once but over the years we had every other combination instead. lol.

The only combo i dig more than that was back in summer 2014 while i was awaiting my entry into the Reserves I was goofin off as a porter at a BMW dealer. Someone bought a San Marino Blue M6 convertible with the Sakhir Orange interior. You wouldnt think it would work but man oh man it was fantastic.

Granted he took euro delivery and didnt heed the break-in schedule, went straight from the factory to the autobahn and put it around 175ish almost immediately, and amazingly 600 miles later was getting a new transmission.

Some people's kids.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
U-wing Ursday, so I’m riding the recently much ballyhooed University’s on 333
F3EAB0CD-2EBF-45E2-875B-98BEACB15259.jpeg

By way of further ballyhoo, these babies sport a poron insole for comfort and are really narrow! A plus for the width challenged like me. The only downside is the blue lining which seems to be completely impervious to moisture and therefore delivers a rather clammy ride.
9C1AF1A9-9780-4678-B623-F3018032C4DA.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A Russian and a Finn sit down together with a selection of Russian and Finnish vodkas to decide whose vodka is best. After matching each other shot for shot for 6 straight hours, the Russian asks, "So, what do you think? Whose vodka is best?" The Finn replies, "Are we here to drink, or are we here to talk?"
Appearing Nightly???

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Russian and a Finn sit down together with a selection of Russian and Finnish vodkas to decide whose vodka is best. After matching each other shot for shot for 6 straight hours, the Russian asks, "So, what do you think? Whose vodka is best?" The Finn replies, "Are we here to drink, or are we here to talk?"

Reminds me of my travels last week, spent drinking heavily at Oktoberfest! Prost

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This makes me think of my favorite Kimi Raikkonen interview:
So an interviewer asks Kimi, “How does it feel to drive at 300km/h?”
Kimi: “It feels normal”
End of interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads