• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The first of my TS 19.2 acquisitions. Love these. Jason helped me with my 511 last fit. The heel is a bit roomier than I would like, but they will certainly work. Navy shell in these more casual shoes is incredibly versatile. I can’t think of many colors (except black trousers) I wouldn’t wear them with. View attachment 1255934 View attachment 1255935 View attachment 1255936
What a lovely color combination you chose. Reminds me of a BMW combo I admire too which is deep sea blue exterior with brown cinnamon dakota leather interior. Almost got my wife to go for it once but over the years we had every other combination instead. lol.

Attachments

• f10_color_015.jpg
    f10_color_015.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 36

Terry Magnum

Reaction score
@ae_ashley

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to the new products you will roll out. More shell and more boots in shell specifically would be welcomed by me. I would like to see more of shades of brown shell made available over time (I hope to have the spectrum of brown shell covered one day).

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MacStrand is the term.

I don't think I could pull off the reverse welt and buff edge, but green shell is amazing! Wear it with pride, fellow weasel.

I like how half a year ago you were talking about how green doesn't work for you and all that. How quickly things change after one spends some time in this thread...

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I could pull off the reverse welt and buff edge, but green shell is amazing! Wear it with pride, fellow weasel.

I like how half a year ago you were talking about how green doesn't work for you and all that. How quickly things change after one spends some time in this thread...

I was scared of the Strand and wingtips for a long time. Funny how things change.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every season that passes my Strand backlog gets inexplicably larger. I feel like Sisyphus pushing my shoe boulder up this neverending incline.

Strand Weave, Black
Strand Weave, Walnut
Strandmok, Cognac Grain
Strandmok, Tan Nubuck
Strandmok, Brown Nubuck
Strandmok, Brown WP Grain
Strandmok, Tan WP Grain...

And now the Hamilton is looking like an instant classic, too. Proves that you can slap a Strand medallion on anything and instantly make it 5x better. HM? Slap on a Strand medallion. Randolphs? Slap on a Strand medallion. Those ungodly hightop sneakers? Slap on a Strand medallion! Strand chukkas anyone? How about a Strand chelsea? Hell I'm surprised they didn't just slap a Strand medallion on that Himalaya shearling boot. I'd probably buy three.

Last edited:

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow styleforum members, I am new to the forum and this thread, though I have been lurking it for a while. I am looking for a little sizing advice, I live overseas with my wife who is in the military so going to a store is out of the question for me, plus the mail is incredibly slow to mail wrong sized shoes back n forth.
I need sizing help with the Strandmok line.
I have;
- Higgins Mill, CXL color 8 -13D(1757 Last) - they seem to fit well, nice room in the tow box, maybe 2 finger gap between big toe and tip of shoe (index & middle)
- Dalton, walnut 13D(511 Last)- Fit narrower that the Higgins over all (but they feel comfortable), length seems well, little gap between toe-to-tip, the heel cup feels narrow and hugs my foot
- Nomad Short Wing, Black - 13D(42N Last) - These seem to fit decently well lengthwise, though first thing in the morning I notice slight heel slip (wide heel cup), which goes away as the day goes on ( foot swelling?) Closure wise I have a slight gap on the laces, 1/4" maybe, any tighter and it's too much pressure on the tops of my feet
- Strandmok, Grey, 13D(65 Last) - these are too long, somewhere between half-to-full size (not sure) thicker socks helps them fit a little better, I can pretty much get full closure with very, very little to no gap

I really like the Strandmok's and would like to get more colors, but what size would you Guru's recommend? 12.5? Still D width, or go to an E?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello fellow styleforum members, I am new to the forum and this thread, though I have been lurking it for a while. I am looking for a little sizing advice, I live overseas with my wife who is in the military so going to a store is out of the question for me, plus the mail is incredibly slow to mail wrong sized shoes back n forth.
I have;
- Higgins Mill, CXL color 8 -13D(1757 Last) - they seem to fit well, nice room in the tow box, maybe 2 finger gap between big toe and tip of shoe (index & middle)
- Dalton, walnut 13D(511 Last)- Fit narrower that the Higgins over all (but they feel comfortable), length seems well, little gap between toe-to-tip, the heel cup feels narrow and hugs my foot
- Nomad Short Wing, Black - 13D(42N Last) - These seem to fit decently well lengthwise, though first thing in the morning I notice slight heel slip (wide heel cup), which goes away as the day goes on ( foot swelling?) Closure wise I have a slight gap on the laces, 1/4" maybe, any tighter and it's too much pressure on the tops of my feet
- Strandmok, Grey, 13D(65 Last) - these are too long, somewhere between half-to-full size (not sure) thicker socks helps them fit a little better, I can pretty much get full closure with very, very little to no gap

I really like the Strandmok's and would like to get more colors, but what size would you Guru's recommend? 12.5? Still D width, or go to an E?

Thanks!
Not all Strandmoks are the same animals. The new nubucks are lined and fit tighter. The unlined CXL and Steerhide ones are unlined and fit bigger. You may need to decide on which Strandmok you are looking before anyone suggests a size.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have;

Thanks!

Not all Strandmoks are the same animals. The new nubucks are lined and fit tighter. The unlined CXL and Steerhide ones are unlined and fit bigger. You may need to decide on which Strandmok you are looking before anyone suggests a size.

Still, you are on the right track, many of us drop some length from 511-65 lasts, and add a little needed width back. I am a 15d in most AE, and in absence of 14.5E now find a good fit at 14EEE on the 65.

12.5 E is my guess but unlined is a wild card.

Could you share a pic of 08 CXL HMs in sunlight? :)

-------

ME: Feeling really well stocked, wearing favorites every day. Not looking for new footwear.

AE:

We have a lot of plans coming up in the next few years that we believe will be pretty exciting for a lot of you. Not everything will be for everyone, but you'll see that we really took a lot of your feedback to heart.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still, you are on the right track, many of us drop some length from 511-65 lasts, and add a little needed width back. I am a 15d in most AE, and in absence of 14.5E now find a good fit at 14EEE on the 65.

-------

ME: Feeling really well stocked, wearing favorites every day. Not looking for new footwear.

AE:
View attachment 1256119

-------

AE:
View attachment 1256119

I happen to have my Higgins on today, I will try and snap a pic in the sunlight later, as I work in a building where I cannot have my phone on me. I hope by saying Color #8 I wasn't wrong, AE list's it as Brown, however it appears to be the same as the Color #8 from the Horween website, please correct me if I'm wrong

Thanks for info on sizing, so what I'm taking from this is I should look at 12.5E for my next purchase, I'll post up which make-up I choose before ordering just for confirmation, at the moment I have this in my cart
Strandmok Cap-Toe Oxford with Dainite Rubber Sole
Item No: 2900-125-D
Color: 2900 Brown Nubuck with Olive Sole
size: 12.5
width: D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics