• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In celebration of my TS19.2 purchase today, I'm wearing my “Bourbon Mills” from the last show.
IMG_20190920_1037564.jpg

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in San Francisco for work all week, and before heading to the airport yesterday I wandered into the AE store on Sutter Street. I really enjoy the staff there, and always make it a point to stop by. I was hoping to catch a look at the samples from the trunk show, but they'd already been sent along for the New York show.

Being in the store offers a chance to really get a sense of where the company is going, and I have to say the future looks pretty damn good IMHO. Remember when a lot of us were saying things like "The Higgins Mill is the best thing AE has done in forever - they should really offer it in more leathers." ? Well, they listened. There are five or six different leather options (6/7 if you include shell), and things look pretty damn good. This pebbled model looks great. Pix don't do this boot justice, but I'm really surprised it hasn't gotten more shine here:
Zrc5wJi.jpg

The other shoe that really caught my eye was the waxed suede Strandmok:
DMU2tp2.jpg

I'm officially taking a hard look at my closet to see what I can sell to get a slot for a pair of these. The leather is super-cool - feels great and clearly is only going to get better. The color is a little light for anything but denim or maybe some olive chinos, but that leather will look crazy-amazing with some patina. It begs to be run hard. I'm super-smitten.

Here's how much I'm smitten - I even like the matte-olive Dainite sole. If they have it built I might still move to a butyl sole, but I'm seriously liking that shoe and leather combo and might even keep the Dainite...

On the whole, what AE is doing these days is a lot more right than wrong. It seems like some good folks here drifted off as Caleres found their footing. Hope they wander back.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bourbon HM today on TS19.2 Friday.

o_O That submariner. What year is that, 1978 or so?

I love the flat black dials and the true tritium lume minute markers without the white gold surrounds.

AEShoeMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cant find the TS spreadsheet, but placed my order with the queen weasel today ?. Went with one that hasn't been widely popular -- chili 5th Ave, translucent brown edge, flat welt on double JR. Excited for these to show up.

Feet kicked up watching Ballers on my day off before heading to sushi with the wife here. Today is a good day!
20190920_112543.jpg

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arrived safely in Orlando and have been greeted very warmly by store manager Willie, and his team, Eddie, and Alllexus.
1D64C207-D544-4C3B-9D57-A9E0331184A9.jpeg
The line waiting isn’t too bad (ok, that’s not really it) but they are all setup and ready for the event tonight.
5945B53D-BAAC-40FC-8DC7-820A262C7A31.jpeg
Those who opted for the chili Strand will not be disappointed!!
Chili Strand, flat welt, translucent brown edge, on V Tread.
8CD51922-711D-4618-8BBD-5B2B20DDA747.jpeg

Attachments

• B22AB0AB-D68A-4A67-896E-CB65FA5FF3CC.jpeg
    B22AB0AB-D68A-4A67-896E-CB65FA5FF3CC.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 29
  • CD6EED16-25F1-4693-B8A7-9A867A638D0E.jpeg
    CD6EED16-25F1-4693-B8A7-9A867A638D0E.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 6449903A-9F7F-4EAB-A945-77BEE2555A98.jpeg
    6449903A-9F7F-4EAB-A945-77BEE2555A98.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 27
  • F8CA88D8-844E-4798-AA55-41ED83F73672.jpeg
    F8CA88D8-844E-4798-AA55-41ED83F73672.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was in San Francisco for work all week, and before heading to the airport yesterday I wandered into the AE store on Sutter Street. I really enjoy the staff there, and always make it a point to stop by. I was hoping to catch a look at the samples from the trunk show, but they'd already been sent along for the New York show.

Being in the store offers a chance to really get a sense of where the company is going, and I have to say the future looks pretty damn good IMHO. Remember when a lot of us were saying things like "The Higgins Mill is the best thing AE has done in forever - they should really offer it in more leathers." ? Well, they listened. There are five or six different leather options (6/7 if you include shell), and things look pretty damn good. This pebbled model looks great. Pix don't do this boot justice, but I'm really surprised it hasn't gotten more shine here:
Zrc5wJi.jpg

DMU2tp2.jpg

I'm officially taking a hard look at my closet to see what I can sell to get a slot for a pair of these. The leather is super-cool - feels great and clearly is only going to get better. The color is a little light for anything but denim or maybe some olive chinos, but that leather will look crazy-amazing with some patina. It begs to be run hard. I'm super-smitten.

Here's how much I'm smitten - I even like the matte-olive Dainite sole. If they have it built I might still move to a butyl sole, but I'm seriously liking that shoe and leather combo and might even keep the Dainite...

On the whole, what AE is doing these days is a lot more right than wrong. It seems like some good folks here drifted off as Caleres found their footing. Hope they wander back.
I agree.

I really like the pebble grain HM and love the olive dainite's aesthetics...just wish I loved dainite!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Arrived safely in Orlando and have been greeted very warmly by store manager Willie, and his team, Eddie, and Alllexus.
View attachment 1244484
The line waiting isn’t too bad (ok, that’s not really it) but they are all setup and ready for the event tonight.
View attachment 1244491
This who opted for the chili Strand will not be disappointed!!
Chili Strand, flat welt, translucent brown edge, on V Tread.
View attachment 1244487
No fair! I didn't get to see that TS sign!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is circa 1980. I am a big fan of the vintage matte dials as well.

It's still an acrylic crystal and the 660 ft. depth which must mean it's a 1680; before the 16800 was offered which had the first sapphire crystal and the same face as yours.

Stunning, simply stunning.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

Zrc5wJi.jpg

DMU2tp2.jpg

I like that Strandmok as well. AE should come out with a true waxed flesh for the HM. It's a great boot for that leather.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. You are right on with your Rolex knowledge. Good taste in shoes and watches! A good combo in my book.

Thank you. I know enough to be dangerous... Still working my way up to getting one :cool: In a few years I hope to have one on my wrist.

Not a bad thing to combo, eh? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads