• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
P S A
4087DFF3-B9C3-49B5-9E44-EDC9721D1D0A.jpeg

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
trying to make NYC today. Those who ordered chili strands, what edge color did y out go with?
Interested in answers to this question.
Pretty sure I will go with one more formal pair of Fifth Streets:
Brown or burgundy (leaning towards brown), translucent flat welt.
And one more casual for odd trousers:
Chili, translucent OR buff, reverse welt.
Would love any detailed pics of welt/edge combos in those colors that those able to attend the trunk show could take for those of us in the hinterlands.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interested in answers to this question.
Pretty sure I will go with one more formal pair of Fifth Streets:
Brown or burgundy (leaning towards brown), translucent flat welt.
And one more casual for odd trousers:
Chili, translucent OR buff, reverse welt.
Would love any detailed pics of welt/edge combos in those colors that those able to attend the trunk show could take for those of us in the hinterlands.
Brown.
20190203_103836.jpg

I think on a Fifth st, the chili/brown edge would be less flash than the buff. Think Stranmok/Cronmok with the buff edges and darker upper to imagine that combo.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trunk Show Day in DC and NYC!
View attachment 1244384

Those of you attending, take lots of pics and enjoy! Soak up that shaved shell! Me, I have to make a trip out to Pittsburgh later today, so I’m going 0 4 2 on Trunk Shows in 2019.
Don’t forget TS day in Orlando, too!!

trying to push the “Suede Agenda” today.
C39DE439-FC5A-4F3C-B20C-0B114E66B73D.jpeg
Waiting at Panera to bring some refreshments and snacks to the “troops.”

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lmrjfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

HCapLonghorn

Reaction score
True, I would also add that the chili seems to have a lot of color variation whereas the navy seems to be a much more even dye. This could be a pro or con depending upon personal preference. I happen to like variation but of course everyone is different. I suppose I could also go with bourbon, which seems to be more to my liking this round --- and I liked it a lot last round. :)

Well, I finally tossed an order for chili strands in with my SA yesterday :cool:

They really go with everything - and the reddish hue seems unique. The ladies in the family don't prefer the navy either fwiw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads