• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m a newb so my eyes haven’t yet seen color 4.

Shoot. I labeled it as shaved but it looks like you may be you’re right. If i were to guess, those middle PAs are probably brown but im not 100% there. Lighter captoe as well as some lighter variation on the quarter... maybe it is shaved?
Either way, i edited my caption to shaved or brown.
PAs are brown. To my knowledge, this is the first time they have offered shaved shell of any kind. Sometimes different panels of the same color hit the light differently and you get that multicolored look. Part of what makes shell awesome.
Agreed. I love how you get such variance just by viewing from different angles.

@michaeliany stick around, and we can teach you all about the amazing properties of shell!

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attention filthy barnweasels!

Since we're a couple days away from opening the gates of Shell...

For the last show I put together a list of every member and their orders, and it turned out to be very fun and quite informative.

Because of the success from last time, I'm starting up a list for this show too. If anyone is interested and wants to disclose, post here or through a PM and I'll add you to the list!

If you would prefer to add yourself, here's the Google sheets link.

I know there's still one more sleep before TS2019.2, so there should be some more updates to this list, but I'm really shocked at the complete dearth of HMs. During TS2019.1, it was one of the most-ordered pairs. Nobody is adding a chili or antique cherry version of it? Did you not see how good it looked in EVERY, SINGLE, COLOR last time? @BagleyBrown needs to post his full array from the first show just to get the HM juice flowing again.

If I weren't sitting this one out, I'd be all over a navy version or a bourbon version (feel like my burgundy pair is just a little too close to chili and cherry to justify them over the other colors I'd be interested in).

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know there's still one more sleep before TS2019.2, so there should be some more updates to this list, but I'm really shocked at the complete dearth of HMs. During TS2019.1, it was one of the most-ordered pairs. Nobody is adding a chili or antique cherry version of it? Did you not see how good it looked in EVERY, SINGLE, COLOR last time? @BagleyBrown needs to post his full array from the first show just to get the HM juice flowing again.

If I weren't sitting this one out, I'd be all over a navy version or a bourbon version (feel like my burgundy pair is just a little too close to chili and cherry to justify them over the other colors I'd be interested in).
HM in a choco or snuff suede on leather, next TS?????

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've got a full week's rotation of rounded plain toe dress-work boots, and that's about as much as my wardrobe can handle. Otherwise, I was strongly considering the HM for shaved! I think I'll be able to work in the 1A easier.

darkclassic

Reaction score

No worries Donkey, my order isn't on the list yet. The Chili HM will happen.

schweezly

Reaction score
Sedona’s today. These are maybe my best fitting shoe. They should be a summer shoe but the gray on black means I can wear them a little longer
3090C41B-343F-44CA-A86F-DD30E215EACE.jpeg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HM in a choco or snuff suede on leather, next TS?????

I'm not as big on the suede as some folks here, but I'm holding out hope for a cognac Dublin version during a TS2020. If that happens, AE can take all my money. All of it.

No worries Donkey, my order isn't on the list yet. The Chili HM will happen.

My favorite writers are Raymond Carver, James Joyce, Tim O'Brien, and Kurt Vonnegut. @darkclassic has just joined the list with his seminal work, "The Chili HM will happen."

Coffandcig

Reaction score
Attention filthy barnweasels!

Since we're a couple days away from opening the gates of Shell...

For the last show I put together a list of every member and their orders, and it turned out to be very fun and quite informative.

Because of the success from last time, I'm starting up a list for this show too. If anyone is interested and wants to disclose, post here or through a PM and I'll add you to the list!

If you would prefer to add yourself, here's the Google sheets link.
I took the day off to be at the SF location for the Antique Cherry First Ave on commando. If I'm number 11 then I'll probably go Navy or Bourbon.

Last edited:

Coffandcig

Reaction score

Honestly, I just don't like the HM. I have a similar pair of Oak Street Trench boots that won the CXL lottery as well as the Meermin Service boot (plain toe) in Shinki Burgundy on its way. The First Ave, though, does tickle my fancy.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I just don't like the HM. I have a similar pair of Oak Street Trench boots that won the CXL lottery as well as the Meermin Service boot (plain toe) in Shinki Burgundy on its way. The First Ave, though, does tickle my fancy.
I like my brown shell HM on commando, but I don’t think I’d need too many HMs. I’d buy Dublin version though.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oi! @BagleyBrown
I know you've announced you're sitting this one out, but I know it's gotta be tough on you to let me have this award...
View attachment 1239465

I've made no such announcement, just still struggling with the similarity of my current collection and the options here.

If that award is for traveling cross country for a pair of shaved, then, you ARE the big kahuna here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads