• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HCapLonghorn

Reaction score
Decided on Chili over Navy Strands...the reddish hue makes them playful, but very wearable.

any thoughts on good shell color for Randolphs? I already have chili calf Randolphs and shell burgundy Pats in the loafer department.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think, for me, fifth avenue in chili and strand in chili. Unsure about the strand so far, but fifth avenue for sure.
Wouldn’t the 5th Ave and Strand in the same chili be a bit too similar? How about a 5th Ave in chili and a bourbon Strand instead? Or a navy Dundee? :)

BTW, don’t listen to me, cause I have been known to be a bit redundant redundant.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To our fellow service men and women, LEO’s, first responders or those married to one that may be on this board, thank you for your service.

Red, white, and blue on this somber morning.
View attachment 1238852

Now back to the shell trunk show to lift the spirits.
Oh, man. Good for you. As for me, I kept glancing at the clock this morning between 8 and 10 because... you know. A somber day, indeed.

Last edited:

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To anyone who has tried both the 65 last and 201 last - did the same size work for both?

11.5E seems to fit me best on the 65. But the description of the 201 mentions a roomier forefoot...

High instep/flat feet 9EEE in the 65 with a wide V gap, 8.5 EEE in the 201 with a bit less V gap.

Has anyone found that the 97 has a lot of instep room? I'm trying to figure out if it's the last or the style that is making a big difference for me. I seem to do better with Bluchers as far as instep room. I need to try a 65 lasted Blucher at some point.

Sometimes I wish I was an EEE person, just because it would sound cool to tell others, "I'm an EEE person."

And I wish I was a D with a standard arch so I could buy shoes cheaper and from many more companies.

If AE offered a 4E I'd probably take it on some models.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know about that, I have 3 pairs of whisky from C&J and 4 pairs of AE natty and I would say they are quite different looking.

Those strands in burgundy look so good... @ae_ashley look at those things, let's get wheeling back as an option. It really makes that strand look excellent.

You would have more experience than I! From the photos I've seen they're not exactly alike but similar enough for me to call it the same color spectrum. However, that is my experience.

I will bow out to someone with more concrete experience.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You would have more experience than I! From the photos I've seen they're not exactly alike but similar enough for me to call it the same color spectrum. However, that is my experience.

I mean they are both light shell colors. Whisky is closer to bourbon. Natty shell has a more warm glow with hints of orange. If I get a chance I’ll post some side by sides.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PM me for a $75 off full priced footwear purchase code. I won't be able to send it until later in the day (mid afternoon), but will send as soon as I can sneak away from my desk to snag it.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
let's get wheeling back as an option. It really makes that strand look excellent.

Would add wheeling to at least half my orders!

Thinking Leeds, wearing HMs.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I mean they are both light shell colors. Whisky is closer to bourbon. Natty shell has a more warm glow with hints of orange. If I get a chance I’ll post some side by sides.

Here are a color spectrum for your consideration. Top image, left to right, navy, bourbon, burgundy, brown & natty.

More specifically, left to right, bourbon, natty & whiskey in the shade and in the setting sun. Make of this what you will.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I have a good idea of who is attending the Cali show at this point, but who is going to be stopping by in NY as it stands?

liquidjelly

Reaction score
Wouldn’t the 5th Ave and Strand in the same chili be a bit too similar? How about a 5th Ave in chili and a bourbon Strand instead? Or a navy Dundee? :)

BTW, don’t listen to me, cause I have been known to be a bit redundant redundant.

I think for now, Chili 5th avenue only since I already have the Strand in Bourbon :).

Unsure if a navy blue fifth avenue would look unusual - I can't get the macneil to fit my foot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads