• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brogue One

Reaction score
My self-imposed, rebrand-induced, AE hiatus lasted one year, which is surprising even to me. But I go to pick up my Midnight Navy Strands and restock on some polish, and I feel a little like Rumpelstiltskin: Among other things, apparently there is a Feather Welt, my polish is now the “Speed Polish option.” I’m actually pleasantly surprised overall. I think these feel lighter, and maybe (maybe..?) a bit less substantial than my pre-rebrand shoes. But I don’t know; I’m still processing that, and I’m sure when I read back through the thread I’ll catch up on everyone’s well-hashed thoughts.

That said, I love the Midnight Navy. Love it. Even if they did get mixed reviews at the office, no matter. Love the way these look.

(The flaw on the top of the right shoe is my fault. I am not happy about it, and was a little sick when it happened, but user error it is.

1EA7E13F-F1D1-4F1F-B881-C5C5302CB992.jpeg
D4DAE453-0313-4013-A7DF-5D6AEADE5183.jpeg

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My self-imposed, rebrand-induced, AE hiatus lasted one year, which is surprising even to me. But I go to pick up my Midnight Navy Strands and restock on some polish, and I feel a little like Rumpelstiltskin: Among other things, apparently there is a Feather Welt, my polish is now the “Speed Polish option.” I’m actually pleasantly surprised overall. I think these feel lighter, and maybe (maybe..?) a bit less substantial than my pre-rebrand shoes. But I don’t know; I’m still processing that, and I’m sure when I read back through the thread I’ll catch up on everyone’s well-hashed thoughts.

That said, I love the Midnight Navy. Love it. Even if they did get mixed reviews at the office, no matter. Love the way these look.

(The flaw on the top of the right shoe is my fault. I am not happy about it, and was a little sick when it happened, but user error it is.

View attachment 1229101 View attachment 1229102

A great time to return if you have shell passion, with a shell trunk show on the horizon. They did one earlier this year and it was by far the best AE trunk show I have seen, with hundreds of first quality pairs shipped shockingly quickly. Was a lovefest here.

There's some stuff, but why rehash? :)

Black denim and boring burgundy.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Those definitely aren't anything but the classic "bench welt". Slightly less substantial feeling or not, quality is trending on higher levels than the end of the "Paul days".
Plus, this is the second trunk show - this year -.

Midnight navy is a great color; just chalk the blemish up to character! What are a few laymen around the office's opinions really worth anyway?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

And this is why I only want a few pristine shoes. The best AE I ever got was doored on the first wear and ripped the top layer of leather right off the left toe. It was a Super glue job and when I wore the heels down off to goodwill they went.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The feather welt is not used on the strand though....

daveyisgreat

Reaction score
Those definitely aren't anything but the classic "bench welt". Slightly less substantial feeling or not, quality is trending on higher levels than the end of the "Paul days".
Plus, this is the second trunk show - this year -.

Midnight navy is a great color; just chalk the blemish up to character! What are a few laymen around the office's opinions really worth anyway?

What are the “Paul days”?

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They look great - and the flaw is hardly noticeable.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yesterday I mentioned the olive green Gustin denim that’s currently available at a great price. I’m wearing my pair today, so here’s that denim in the wild — with acorn kudu suede Caens.

View attachment 1229123
Excellent pairing of boot and pants, go very well together. Of course, both are good alone, but pair very well. Liking the Gustin's, may have to investigate today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads