• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is, by far, the sluttiest dress I have ever seen. Not that its a bad thing. Project Runway taught me you can drop the front, remove the back or **** it up to the thigh, but you can't do all three at the same time.
And if you do, you get the dress in the advertisement.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fans of the Driggs would like the new
Offerings:

Just to keep this in perspective:
AE is just trying to steal a little thunder from John Lobb.
John lobb another good idea.jpg
John Lobb low top sneaker.jpg

classic John Lobb.jpg

Ok, I have to admit the high top dress sneaker didn't sell for John Lobb last year at all. So these must be the answer.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's a picture (from last December) of the champagne vending machine at the Crack Shack in Century City.

View attachment 1208488

The thing in the tin tray is called "Mexican Poutine". Eating it made me feel as if I had become the USMCA.

You are correct about a champagne vending machine being, "Almost a good idea". It had only one brand of champagne, Moet & Chandon. There was no Mumm Napa Cuvee M.

so are the bottles gently lowered into the bin somehow? Surely they aren't dropped

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s odd to me... the 7 last is one of favorite, yet, for my messed up feet, the 201 couldn’t be more incompatible. Other than a wide fore-foot, they seem entirely different. What do you find to be the commonality that works well for you?

You weren't asking me but I'm a big fan of the 7, 201, and 511. I fine them all very tolerant of my high instep, including the 201 as an oxford. That said, I only own the 7 or 511 as derbies and bluchers.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You weren't asking me but I'm a big fan of the 7, 201, and 511. I fine them all very tolerant of my high instep, including the 201 as an oxford. That said, I only own the 7 or 511 as derbies and bluchers.
It’s just strange, because I think of the 7 and 511 as being low-instep friendly, whereas the 201 has too much volume, especially due to the higher collar and raised vamp. I have the 7 in both oxford and blucher form, though I only have the 511 and 201 in oxfords. I’ve heard high instep folks complain about the 511, specifically the 511 Shelton versus the 201 Shelton 2.0.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s just strange, because I think of the 7 and 511 as being low-instep friendly, whereas the 201 has too much volume, especially due to the higher collar and raised vamp. I have the 7 in both oxford and blucher form, though I only have the 511 and 201 in oxfords. I’ve heard high instep folks complain about the 511, specifically the 511 Shelton versus the 201 Shelton 2.0.

My experience has been the same with the 511. I'm always surprised to hear some people on here mention that they cannot fit into the 65 or 201, but fit well into the 511 (smfdoc is one I have in mind). I've found the 511 is about the same width in the ball as the 65, but feels slightly more narrow because there's less volume above the toes. I've never tried on a shoe on the 7 last, but considering I can wear every AE last I've tried, I bet they would work.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both of those lasts work extremely well for me, too.
7 and 201 work for me too. No 65 without changing size and width.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads