• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, probably because of age, but what is a "gender reveal party"?

Everyone gets together to see if they are a boy or girl chukkas.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Howdy all. I thought my Burgundy Black Rambler Trumans were stolen; turns out they went to the neighbor's house and since he's not my size he kindly brought them over.

Been spending the weekend in chuck taylors building a floating shelf for my guest room, with many many breaks because it's awful enough outside I spent 15 minutes with a random orbit sander and was drenched in sweat by the time I was done. At 9 AM. I also discovered the joy of adding random photos to my instagram story (bet you can't figure out my IG name) set to music. And they *REALLY* have a wide berth of available choons.

Anywho, the shelf has a surprise inside. Photos later once the stain is dry and it's all installed.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My poor ugly Mac’s get few wears now.
22BD2D46-E545-41B7-879B-9995C56BA447.jpeg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disregard the floating shelf. The [expletive deleted] lazy [expletive deleted] who built our house apparently felt the need to triple-up areas of sheetrock for the walls. So the stud finder registered false positives and now i get to replace a whole [expletive deleted] wall.

So that was an entire weekend wasted.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Disregard the floating shelf. The [expletive deleted] lazy [expletive deleted] who built our house apparently felt the need to triple-up areas of sheetrock for the walls. So the stud finder registered false positives and now i get to replace a whole [expletive deleted] wall.

So that was an entire weekend wasted.
I must have the same contractor who finished the basement :)

DRJames

Reaction score
Hey gang, can someone provide insight in sizing for the 42N versus the 201?

I’ve been traveling frequently (around 2 weeks a month) over the last year and am looking for another shoe or two that’s travel friendly. Thus far I’ve been using my Kudu Neumok 2.0 frequently for those trips. I don’t necessarily love the sole, but do like the look of the Nomad Shortwing and PTB. Can anyone speak to the quality of the upper on those shoes? Thanks!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I’ve been traveling frequently (around 2 weeks a month) over the last year and am looking for another shoe or two that’s travel friendly. Thus far I’ve been using my Kudu Neumok 2.0 frequently for those trips. I don’t necessarily love the sole, but do like the look of the Nomad Shortwing and PTB. Can anyone speak to the quality of the upper on those shoes? Thanks!
I wish I understood the term relaxed fit. The 42N was built bigger to attempt to accommodate 3mm of padding in the shoes. I find it to be a little tighter than the 201 in same size. I had to resort to waiting for an old McTavish to pop up in the Shoebank because the new McTavish is D and wider only. The padding in the Stirling made the shoe wearable in a D width for me. The Nomad uppers are not as good as similar style uppers in other lines but I feel they are still quite serviceable for a travel shoe.

RMB35

Reaction score

I can’t help with your question but would suggest the MD chukka for a travel shoe if you like that style.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For everyone who posts, “That shoe/boot is great; AE just needs to change the last to ‘X,” there are some of us thinking “leave it alone; that’s my perfect last!” :)

The 201 for me would fit this example. A lot of men don't like the extra room and some cannot even wear it. For me though, it might be my best last.

@Shoenut When I think of "relaxed fit", I think of the Badlands, Cheetah and anything where it doesn't wrap snuggly around my feet. Or perhaps because the leather is very soft and stretchy, which fits both these models I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads