• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DapperAndy

Reaction score
Margates with “Walnut” Scotch Grain (I feel they have a slight burgundy hue to them) Derbies / Bluchers given a full treatment of Pure Polish Products. Mirror shined with High Shine.

04FEB212-310A-473E-AADD-43829CE54C05.jpeg
4482AAC5-CE19-4C6E-B0DD-F21AFFE3DED8.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out with the wife looking at flooring and countertop choices wearing brown suede Neumoks.
View attachment 1209848
View attachment 1209846

If you have a weak stomach, Avert your eyes from the rest of this post.

The “designer” who also doubled as the salesperson was sporting this pair of Gucci footwear:
View attachment 1209845
Not to be outdone by his bedazzled pockets on his shorts:
View attachment 1209847

SMH...

After seeing that, I'll never worry about how my Wilbert's look again.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Down in the comments of this Neo gives his thoughts of the 42. I'd recommend starting with your 201 size as it's reasonably close to that in fit.
I've heard the 42N described as an even narrower/lower volume 65 (201 is basically the 65 with a higher cone).

The lightform footbed will feel similar to the standard poron. The Shane is a bench welt shoe, so it would be standard poron (I was surprised to hear they have it as I'd not seen anything about it). That said, depending on foot shape some people go a length longer in the 108 than 201. Since the 201 is too large, I'm betting you'll want a 9D in the 42.

Thanks, madhat. That helped me come to a decision. In some of the classic Dack's I am buying I am finding myself in a 9D fitting superbly, so I might even be a small 9.5D, normally. With the confusion around 42/42N and the fit assessment vs 108 I am going to let those gorgeous suedes go to someone else.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Margates with “Walnut” Scotch Grain (I feel they have a slight burgundy hue to them) Derbies / Bluchers given a full treatment of Pure Polish Products. Mirror shined with High Shine.

View attachment 1209850 View attachment 1209851
I don't usually do mirror shine, but mirror over pebble grain is the business!
Thanks, madhat. That helped me come to a decision. In some of the classic Dack's I am buying I am finding myself in a 9D fitting superbly, so I might even be a small 9.5D, normally. With the confusion around 42/42N and the fit assessment vs 108 I am going to let those gorgeous suedes go to someone else.
I think that's a good move for you. It's a shame they didn't work for you!
For everyone who posts, “That shoe/boot is great; AE just needs to change the last to ‘X,” there are some of us thinking “leave it alone; that’s my perfect last!” :)
:D that's how I felt about the fifth st.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here going after these? I see they caught a bid and Buy It Now is no longer an option. I have a 11.5E that I'd size down with this pair for better fit, but would prefer not to be bidding up a fellow forum member. Feel free to PM to reduce forum clutter...
I know this was kicked around a few weeks ago, but this is what I was talking about. My understanding reflects your experience: if an eBay auction has a Buy It Now option AND is accepting bids, the Buy It Now button is disabled once the first bid is received. Without sounding too much like a weasel, remember that next time you are considering waiting on that BIN.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out with the wife looking at flooring and countertop choices wearing brown suede Neumoks.
View attachment 1209848
View attachment 1209846

The “designer” who also doubled as the salesperson was sporting this pair of Gucci footwear:

SMH...
ee0b268e-3e08-455b-befe-496ca95e0e0c-jpeg.1209845

Comeon now, those shoes are just silly looking. I mean really, those are clown shoes.

Remington Cashmere

Reaction score
For everyone who posts, “That shoe/boot is great; AE just needs to change the last to ‘X,” there are some of us thinking “leave it alone; that’s my perfect last!” :)
65 is the best fit for me.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1209848
View attachment 1209846

View attachment 1209845
View attachment 1209847

SMH...
If my “designer” dressed like that, I’d look for a new designer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads