• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are the old version white the lighter sole and on the 42 last I think. I have a pair of plain toe’s on the 42n and in the same size as these I still get toe poke
I have that old Nomad in Chukka. The right shoes heel is squeaking though now

Lmrjfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now look, it’s not like I said the Wilbert was a pair of these:
(No spoiler... I’m burning your eyelids off.. and yes, their glorious hideousness is all mine.)

YqlY4yp.jpg

Is it possible for your eyes to throw up?

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...Our current Strandmok with it's ChromeXL leather and Dainite sole got huge criticism on StyleForum, and it's one of our bestselling introductions for this fall. As the Germans used to tell me -- Um Geschmack laesst sich nicht streiten (there's no arguing about taste).

:rotflmao:
Oh how I would love to go back to those "controversial" days. If they thought those were bad I cannot imagine how they would have handled what came out in 2017 and beyond.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Summertime activities have kept me from posting much lately, but today I'm too excited to wait!
I've acquired a new...
...wait
for
it...
Watch!
Green Seiko Sumo
20190718_150335.jpg

Worn today with some old green Randolphs
20190718_150357.jpg

20190718_150016.jpg

20190718_150252.jpg

20190718_150317.jpg

Japanese-only market with beautiful sunburst green dial.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody had any luck removing the camouflage on that makeup of the Higgins Mill? Seeing those at $147 on ShoeBank has me wondering if there's any chance of turning that into a wearable boot for those of us who are camo-averse.

Or, if that's not doable, what kind of process would work for dyeing CXL? I know I'd have to go darker, and am thinking about a dark blue version of these. Would I be able to cover up the camouflage with dye? Or, am I just chasing ghosts here?

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody had any luck removing the camouflage on that makeup of the Higgins Mill? Seeing those at $147 on ShoeBank has me wondering if there's any chance of turning that into a wearable boot for those of us who are camo-averse.

Or, if that's not doable, what kind of process would work for dyeing CXL? I know I'd have to go darker, and am thinking about a dark blue version of these. Would I be able to cover up the camouflage with dye? Or, am I just chasing ghosts here?

:rotflmao: Today must be the day where people are interested in buying a shoe with a graphic design that they don't like with the intention of changing it. I have doubts that the camo color would ever come out.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Plastidip!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads