• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@wasmisterfu @sterlingindigo I have a pair. I wear them all the time. Sole is structured and supportive, unlike the Old Navy/Walmart types. I bought them on a lark for a special occasion last year, and have zero regrets. Wearing them as I type this reply, in fact. These were more of a AE x Island collab than AE branded flip flop. View attachment 1208222

Horween Leather I believe, very cool!

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@wasmisterfu @sterlingindigo I have a pair. I wear them all the time. Sole is structured and supportive, unlike the Old Navy/Walmart types. I bought them on a lark for a special occasion last year, and have zero regrets. Wearing them as I type this reply, in fact. These were more of a AE x Island collab than AE branded flip flop. View attachment 1208222
I got the other ones that are just island slipper that AE had on sale. They are fantastic. When the time comes to replace I hope they are still in business because I don’t see that being the case any time soon.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old Navy/Walmart flip flops would probably be a major step up from my current plastic things (though my 1 dollar plastic things sure have lasted a long time).

Those look very nice. The problem is my shoe collection is now such that every footwear related purchase is under direct spousal scrutiny. I’ll probably need to stick with my 1 dollar flip flops for a while longer, especially with the 2019 Shoe Revival Challenge coming up.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I was smart about dropping off my car at the mechanic the night before for some basic services so I could sleep in more. Left a note to treat it like a wait and that I would go into work as soon as they were done.

Just now starting it so I’ll just wait and n the future.

Kiowa for projected afternoon thunderstorms.

60E4BD63-1ED0-4C87-B972-9D67AD0A94AE.jpeg

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about this NOS pair of (bourbon?) shell Fairgates?

Made on Wednesday, Sep 29th, 1999, almost 20 years those have been waiting to be worn. For 394.99 BIN, if you’re a 9.5 (or even 9)D, and don’t buy them... I dunno, you should just buy them.

(If they were my size, I’d smash that BIN button harder than Mike Tyson in a roid rage. I’d definitely get in trouble with “Spousal Customs”, as @suitforcourt calls it, due to recent shoe “collection” expansion efforts. However, 394.99 for those shoes would totally be worth it.)

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Those actually look surprisingly good. However, I really don't ever wear flip flops. I have a pair somewhere but it would take me quite a bit of time to find them. I'm the guy that wears jeans and boots to the beach (in protest) so feel free to ignore me.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
100% agree. I even double checked the 8 last since I couldn't recall if I had any on that last. Didn't remember that the Delray was on that last -- had to stretch my 10D delrays so this pair is unlikely to fly. Someone should buy them, for sure.

Made on Wednesday, Sep 29th, 1999, almost 20 years those have been waiting to be worn. For 394.99 BIN, if you’re a 9.5 (or even 9)D, and don’t buy them... I dunno, you should just buy them.

(If they were my size, I’d smash that BIN button harder than Mike Tyson in a roid rage. I’d definitely get in trouble with “Spousal Customs”, as @suitforcourt calls it, due to recent shoe “collection” expansion efforts. However, 394.99 for those shoes would totally be worth it.)

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've spent this week trying to break out some of my lesser-worn pairs. Why? Dunno. I guess one of the voices in my head was telling me to do it and I was tuned into its frequency. It happens sometimes, and for once it wasn't telling me to do something that would either significantly reduce my liver's processing capabilities or end up with me needing bail money. Or both. Such is life when you have all those different voices coming across the brain waves.

Would have posted this one yesterday, but I was in a rush getting out and home to head off to the Cubs game with the kid. Anyway, enjoy these olive Shannon Drives on "luxerious" stairway flooring from 1963. Dollar for dollar, this might be the best value I've ever got from AE. Years ago, they dumped a bunch of these on their eBay site for $117. First quality olive shoes with a natty welt for just over a Benjamin? Yes, please. More, actually. Such an underrated shoe, and I'm a prime-time dorklord for not wearing this one since St. Patrick's Day.

Once again, try not to be envious of Donkey's unmatched photography skills. I spent 3 seconds pointing and clicking the iPhone on this one. Then, I spent 5 seconds adjusting the light on it to get it to look closer to its actual color. I'm a wizard!

Last edited:

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those actually look surprisingly good. However, I really don't ever wear flip flops. I have a pair somewhere but it would take me quite a bit of time to find them. I'm the guy that wears jeans and boots to the beach (in protest) so feel free to ignore me.
I wore these LWB’s to the beach last year:
TsIfdeO.jpg

Not even slightly kidding. GYW is excellent at keeping sand out. Just make sure you rinse your feet off before putting them back on. Obviously, don’t take ‘em in the water, that wouldn’t end well.

(Vintage Hanover for Hytest LWB safety shoes, steel toe - just in case someone has something to say about my badass LWB’s at the beach.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads