• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How tropical? Is a full suit needed?

How about linen pants, a guayabera, and a Panama hat? Shoes? Weave, of course!

Or you could just bring back the 80’s and dress like Mr. Johnson.
View attachment 1207289

Mr. Johnson stole his look from Mr. Clampett.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bored on a conference call wherein people are trying to decide how we can solve a non-immediate problem RIGHT NOW, instead of looking for the RIGHT SOLUTION for the problem. Drives me nuts when it happens, but it's neither my monkey nor my circus for this conversation, and I'm more than happy to keep my big yap shut.

Anyway, enjoy this double-dose of AE-ness. AE fox sox peeking out from under some cognac McTavishes that haven't been on my feet since 3/7, which seems like an absolute crime, given how awesome this shoe is. Oh, and that corporate carpet? Just the icing on the friggin' cake.

View attachment 1207500
We were almost twins today. After taking photos to list my McTavish on eBay yesterday, I looked at them longingly this morning, thinking about the good times, what we had, could we have it again...
Thankfully I came to my senses before I did it again. So, I reached for my Oak Street. Same Sox.
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190715144318810_COVER.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just training the next generation of AE wearing men.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So @munchau brought up stripping his CG polished cobbler MacNeil’s. Which reminded me that I really needed to put some effort in to my own de-corrected grain McAllister’s from last years competition. I’ve worn them a lot and they needed some attention. After cleaning and conditioning, I decided to further darken them to more closely resemble their factory color.

ffXOiNe.jpg

fYNIDs1.jpg

YnxlTqz.jpg

4p64Tjp.jpg

They’re holding up pretty well, all things considered.

CiutiQ4.jpg

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was browsing pictures of C&J shoes today and noticed that this picture shows that heel problem of it not sitting flat to the ground. Apparently this is not a problem with just AE, but I would like to know if this is a serious problem?
crockett-jones-grasmere-tan_2000x2000_174.jpg
<Sigh> Thanks, now I gotta go check all my shoes, because OCD.

I could be wrong, but I’m not feeling like this is something I’d lose sleep over.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was browsing pictures of C&J shoes today and noticed that this picture shows that heel problem of it not sitting flat to the ground. Apparently this is not a problem with just AE, but I would like to know if this is a serious problem?
crockett-jones-grasmere-tan_2000x2000_174.jpg
It's apparently caused by not leaving on last long enough, or so I've read. I've seen it with aldens. My late 70s hanovers too. Hard to tell for sure due to wear, but I suspect my vintage florsheims started out this way too (maybe not as severely though)

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How tropical? Is a full suit needed?

How about linen pants, a guayabera, and a Panama hat? Shoes? Weave, of course!

Or you could just bring back the 80’s and dress like Mr. Johnson.
View attachment 1207289
B333CCDD-14A3-4465-BA06-DBD1E53FDCBA.jpeg
Don makes it look so much better. It must be the angle and the lighting. I’ll work on that...

Oh, and Cronmoks.
501121DD-EDB7-4861-B984-274A23C3BACD.jpeg
F1F5B442-69AE-4967-A06A-6D9B77D215A3.jpeg
So, yeah, the sole stitch isn’t the best, but the repair is barely visible and for $15 I can live with it!!

Ok, now stop laughing about the Don outfit...I live in Florida, what do you expect?

Hope you got a laugh. @ae_ashley seriously, stop laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads