• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matwa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shelton 2.0 today

07-12-19 Shelton.jpg

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I missed this somehow, but it's an interesting look on how the factory has changed some. They have machines that cut the leather now. Kass is still working there, so I was happy to see that.

Also noticed this near the end of the video and made me smile. :D
View attachment 1205664

I swore I’d never post to this thread again, ‘cause you guys make me spend way too much money. But seeing some of these boots (@mreams99, I’m looking at you), now I think my Amex is about to get a work out.

But, this was an interesting video. I guess they’re selling enough of the speedwelt line to justify poron insole production day.

If I had to guess based on the production board and what was being cut & sewn, they appear to have centralized Bench Welt (e.g. regular AE’s that we buy) uppers production in Port Washington (which would explain the expensive new automated cutters).

And before it comes up (because it always comes up), same wooden shank at 6:23 in this late 40’s AE production video:

As Steve from Bedo’s has said, some models have ‘em, some don’t.

Also lol @ Steve nondescriptly inspecting the bin full of shoes awaiting recrafts.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No spoiler as I am out of the country.
EB95CA82-8D9A-405B-A3D0-74C1CB4904D2.jpeg

Real Mexican shoes.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bourbon Leeds. Some nice rolls and patina coming in.
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190712100725537_COVER.jpg

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I missed this somehow, but it's an interesting look on how the factory has changed some. They have machines that cut the leather now. Kass is still working there, so I was happy to see that.

Also noticed this near the end of the video and made me smile. :D
View attachment 1205664

Wow. Pretty cool. I missed this post, too, so thanks for bumping it up.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've decided that I want to pay less in government theft, so I'm starting a personal travel/style blog (naturally with a YT channel I'm sure). I need help with a name. Suggestions so far:

Aging Raver Adventures
Studying Abroad With The Professor

If you have something else in mind, throw it at me. It'll be *centered* around the trips/adventures we go on, but there will be some style-related stuff as well just to kinda fill in the chunks of time where I don't go anywhere (which are fairly substantial, since I only get 30 days of leave a year).

Figure being able to deduct all that stuff from my taxes should make for a nice offset to buy more AE shell.

AW YEAH ON TOPIC AFTER ALL!!!

Anywho.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've decided that I want to pay less in government theft, so I'm starting a personal travel/style blog (naturally with a YT channel I'm sure). I need help with a name. Suggestions so far:

Aging Raver Adventures

If you have something else in mind, throw it at me. It'll be *centered* around the trips/adventures we go on, but there will be some style-related stuff as well just to kinda fill in the chunks of time where I don't go anywhere (which are fairly substantial, since I only get 30 days of leave a year).

Figure being able to deduct all that stuff from my taxes should make for a nice offset to buy more AE shell.

Anywho.
America: A Horse With No Shame

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Aging Raver Adventures

Anywho.
The Amazing Misadventures of Armed Ferret and Pin Up Girl

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I swore I’d never post to this thread again, ‘cause you guys make me spend way too much money. But seeing some of these boots (@mreams99, I’m looking at you), now I think my Amex is about to get a work out.

But, this was an interesting video. I guess they’re selling enough of the speedwelt line to justify poron insole production day.

If I had to guess based on the production board and what was being cut & sewn, they appear to have centralized Bench Welt (e.g. regular AE’s that we buy) uppers production in Port Washington (which would explain the expensive new automated cutters).

And before it comes up (because it always comes up), same wooden shank at 6:23 in this late 40’s AE production video:

As Steve from Bedo’s has said, some models have ‘em, some don’t.

Also lol @ Steve nondescriptly inspecting the bin full of shoes awaiting recrafts.

I was trying to tell from the video which uppers they are still cutting in Wisconsin. It looks like all shell is made entirely in the PW factory. I couldn't tell, but if they are making all their uppers or some of their uppers in the Bench Welt stuff in the factory, that makes me happy. I saw those walls of uppers but wasn't sure if they were flown in from the DR.

Some have told me it's not a wooden shank, but something else that's put inside. I forget what it's called.

I was surprised to see "Leeds 2.0 Walnut" on the scoreboard. Made my day. :) I love poron, but I know a lot of men don't. Some also have stated that poron might not last as long as a traditional leather insole. I'll just have to wait and see in about 10-15 years.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Day 3 of the @ae_ashley appreciation brings us this example that I never knew I wanted.

I'd considered a Dalton in the past. At first, I thought I'd get a walnut pair, but with a golden CXL pair of Longbranch boots, it seemed a bit redundant. Then, I thought that maybe chili would be a good fit, but when Ashley got me into that pair of chili MacNeils, it kind of scratched my chili itch. Thought about dark brown, but with a good number of dark brown boots already, I had trouble justifying it. Maybe a burgundy shell version? Well, the pair of burgundy shell HMs took precedence.

When Ashley e-mailed me, almost apologetically, about a pair of Daltons that had come in I thought it would be easy to say no. I was still riding the high of the shell HMs, the wallet was still feeling the lows of the TS2019 purchase, and I had all the afore-mentioned anti-Dalton logic listed above.

I really am a moron.

Of course I said yes to Ashley. She told me about an oxblood pair of Daltons with red Dainite soles. She assured me that, even though that combination sounded weird, it looked really cool. I asked for pictures and a price and was pleasantly gobsmacked by both. A couple days later, they were mine. And, yeah, they still look really cool, especially hidden under my desk basking in the glory of the corporate carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads