• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Day 2 of the @ae_ashley celebration continues with these bad boys. When TS2019 was announced, I figured I'd jump on a bourbon pair of HMs. But, once I saw the bourbon in person, it just didn't work for me (I've since done a 180 on the color, based on all the awesome photos fellow weasels posted after the show). So, I went with Plan B and ordered a pair in burgundy. Couldn't be happier with my choice. For realz.

Also, when TS2019 was announced and I heard that Ashley was going to be there, I figured I should go and see if she really was as awesome as she seemed on the phone. When I met her in person, I could confirm that she's even better. Seriously, give her a call and get on her list. You will not regret it.

Before TS2019, I never quite "got" all the love for shell. To be honest, I'm more of a CXL guy. After TS2019, I'm still not sure that I "get" shell completely. But, I can say that I completely "get" burgundy shell HMs. I love these boots, and based on the compliments I get from all different folks, I guess that love is justified.

At some point, AE should add these to their regular shell lineup. In fact, it's pretty much a crime that they aren't there already. In the meanwhile, I'm just going to enjoy the fact that there's maybe a half dozen of us out there in the real world who have them in this color. Of course, not everyone also has them on this lovely corporate carpet. I'll never get tired of looking at these boots . . . or this carpet.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JA Moks
IMG_20190711_085326.jpg
IMG_20190711_113747.jpg

pbrandes

Reaction score
Day 2 of the @ae_ashley celebration continues with these bad boys. When TS2019 was announced, I figured I'd jump on a bourbon pair of HMs. But, once I saw the bourbon in person, it just didn't work for me (I've since done a 180 on the color, based on all the awesome photos fellow weasels posted after the show). So, I went with Plan B and ordered a pair in burgundy. Couldn't be happier with my choice. For realz.

Also, when TS2019 was announced and I heard that Ashley was going to be there, I figured I should go and see if she really was as awesome as she seemed on the phone. When I met her in person, I could confirm that she's even better. Seriously, give her a call and get on her list. You will not regret it.

Before TS2019, I never quite "got" all the love for shell. To be honest, I'm more of a CXL guy. After TS2019, I'm still not sure that I "get" shell completely. But, I can say that I completely "get" burgundy shell HMs. I love these boots, and based on the compliments I get from all different folks, I guess that love is justified.

At some point, AE should add these to their regular shell lineup. In fact, it's pretty much a crime that they aren't there already. In the meanwhile, I'm just going to enjoy the fact that there's maybe a half dozen of us out there in the real world who have them in this color. Of course, not everyone also has them on this lovely corporate carpet. I'll never get tired of looking at these boots . . . or this carpet.

View attachment 1205511

Agreed, I'm a member of the TS2019 Burg Higgies club as well, also ordered through Ashley but only on the phone.

IMG_4249.JPG

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday gentleman (and @ae_ashley ).

Congrats on making it through another week. For some, I’m sure it felt like a long one after the short holiday week.

With all the shell love going on, thought I would continue it with some beautiful natty shell Daltons that made it my way from @BackInTheJox (thanks for sharing).
043122AE-ADA5-4E82-8417-0E89D9208889.jpeg
I have to say, I grabbed my navy First Aves, but they have bloomed like crazy and I didn’t have time to brush them this morning.

Have a great weekend!

P S A - $10 off $150 or more
82C45ECA-AB1B-43B7-B2D6-14614E2AA64F.jpeg
It seems like raise is always doing some sort of promo, But at 15% off, I have to stock up for whatever the next trunk show might be. Maybe iris shell will be in the cards - or red suede...who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics