• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We just had the rainiest winter/spring I've ever seen out here. We've had a lot of June gloom days as well.
Southern CA is supposed to be sunny and Beach Boy's and fun in the surf, at least that's what the TV ad's show us in the midwest. (I grew up in Northridge from age 5 - 13 by the way)

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been busy. Keep forgetting to post. Wingtip Wednesday!
MVIMG_20190710_084646.jpg

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After ordering it on Sunday, I received my Grant Stone shoe brush today (sorry, AE). It has a nice look and feel and is about as hefty a model as you can get these days. Thanks to all for your collective advice. Look forward to putting it to use.

Attachments

• 20190710_230433_Film4.jpg
    20190710_230433_Film4.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 25

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"...but when it raaainns, it realllly pours.."
In a much younger life, I was the midwest representative to a Yamaha Audio convention in Minneapolis, a thunderstorm (midwest kind) came in and all the middle of the country guys stayed at the bar, the CA guys seemed awe-struck at the thunder/ lightening and general storm mayhem. They stayed at the window watching, the rest of us just got hammered and carried on as if nothing was going on.'

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After ordering it on Sunday, I received my Grant Stone shoe brush today (sorry, AE). It has a nice look and feel and is about as hefty a model as you can get these days. Thanks to all for your collective advice. Look forward to putting it to use.
Love mine, don't use the others (and I have more than a few) as the GS is the right heft, size and bristle composition. Think you will like using it, as much as anyone can like brushing footwear.... Oh, wait those of us here get it, the need to brush one's shoes/boots. Wife thinks I'm nuts for doing it both before and after wear, but she wears crap from QVC or somewhere.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love mine, don't use the others (and I have more than a few) as the GS is the right heft, size and bristle composition. Think you will like using it, as much as anyone can like brushing footwear.... Oh, wait those of us here get it, the need to brush one's shoes/boots. Wife thinks I'm nuts for doing it both before and after wear, but she wears crap from QVC or somewhere.
Lol. Thanks.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And in an entirely different thing, not related to shoes at all:
Sometimes you just have to wonder what the hell is wrong with people?? https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...rested-driving-kids-pool-roof-suv/1692285001/
Glad to see Florida has company in the land of stupid human tricks...

And in shoe related items today, brown shell Strand.
C7CDF151-9639-40F9-8751-7F21DC3C39B4.jpeg
Kicking myself for not getting these in navy. Would also love them in garnet.

Happy Friday Eve!

Last edited:

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads