• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Natural Academy for a non-wingtip Wednesday View attachment 1194512

they really need to bring the academy back

to my knowledge there isn't really any CXL PTB in the market between the Thursday Boots offering and Alden

at least none that offer narrow sizes . . . . . because discrimination and oppression I tell you

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Olive day
1LVXWu5.jpg
Those are so cool!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they really need to bring the academy back

to my knowledge there isn't really any CXL PTB in the market between the Thursday Boots offering and Alden

at least none that offer narrow sizes . . . . . because discrimination and oppression I tell you
There is the Grant Stone, but not in narrow sizes.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those suede brogues are lovely.

I have never seen ancient Roman or Greek statues upclose in real life. I would love to see them like that, without a crowd or having to rush. I would probably be mesmerized for hours.
I can attest to fine art, in person, being breathtaking. I had the good fortune of being in Vienna for an extended period during my youth (sheesh, that makes me sound old, I'm not even 40 yet!) and visited their history museum. Those paintings that stood out to me were from Rubens. The detail, the lighting (forget Thomas Kinkade!), posturing... Exquisite. The medieval suits of armor, masterpieces of craftsmanship. So much integral detail, breathtaking. For anyone who is "not in to art" like I was in my very early twenties, I say give it a chance. You may find appreciation in the attention to detail, the clear labor of love, and mystique of it all as I did nearly twenty years ago.
Hey gang,

Been a little while since I checked in, glad to see you all still running strong!

So I had a little mishap with my trunk show HM's, but Ashley naturally took care of me and made it right. Got the remakes back in hand a couple weeks ago, but unfortunately I made a mistake and don't think the size is going to work for me. Something crazy is gong on with my feet and I can't seem to wear any of my HMs anymore, despite having worn them comfortably for years. Don't feel right sending them back to AE since they did everything correctly and the shoes are essentially flawless.

So, if anyone missed out on the trunk show or is interested in a pair of Brown Shell HMs in 9.5D w/ JR soles, I may be able to cut you a deal. Just shoot me a PM.
This makes me sad. Sorry to hear of your new found sizing woes, James.
Might be worth trying 10EE; you've got almost full closure. I'm not going to judge on that because it's normal for me, but if you're still learning your size it's worth trying a bunch. Have you been brannocked?
I had the exact same thought when I read his post. Cheers!

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you wear a 9.5E, I saw a couple of pairs of shoes on ebay that really caught my eye (in fact, if I hadn't just blown my shoe budget - and then some - on a new pair of boots, I'd have snapped them both up):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Edmo...940931?hash=item1efc4d43c3:g:R0MAAOSw74pc~~DO - I'd never heard of Bristols (discontinued before I became and AE fan, I assume), but they're a nice-looking shoe (and shell!) for under $200

and

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Allen...801666?hash=item2ace4d57c2:g:9k8AAOSwtcNc8-mP - now these I've heard of, and these look really well-cared-for, too, and also under $200 (barely, LOL)

Disclaimer: I am not the seller of either of these shoes, and I don't know the sellers of either of these shoes; they just caught my eye, and I thought maybe another 9.5E guy here would like to snag one (or both).

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Won't comment on the 5th street since bal boots dont really do it for me but I also noticed the Bristol. It looks an awful lot like the Leeds but with a flat welt and that nice stitching detail at the base of the quarter. Nice patina on this pair. By the way, they aren't mine either!

If you wear a 9.5E, I saw a couple of pairs of shoes on ebay that really caught my eye (in fact, if I hadn't just blown my shoe budget - and then some - on a new pair of boots, I'd have snapped them both up):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Edmo...940931?hash=item1efc4d43c3:g:R0MAAOSw74pc~~DO - I'd never heard of Bristols (discontinued before I became and AE fan, I assume), but they're a nice-looking shoe (and shell!) for under $200

and

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Allen...801666?hash=item2ace4d57c2:g:9k8AAOSwtcNc8-mP - now these I've heard of, and these look really well-cared-for, too, and also under $200 (barely, LOL)

Disclaimer: I am not the seller of either of these shoes, and I don't know the sellers of either of these shoes; they just caught my eye, and I thought maybe another 9.5E guy here would like to snag one (or both).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads