• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastakebob

Reaction score
The rumors of Boulevard-gate are greatly exaggerated.
IMG_20190615_214549.jpg
IMG_20190615_214539.jpg
IMG_20190615_214516.jpg
Even with shoe bags!

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I totally love these, especially the color. I understand your fear of losing them, but don't forget they are just shoes. Treating them like a meusem piece (or Ferrari) cheats them and you of their intended purpose. Just make sure you wear them! Maybe they can't be replaced easily, but better to loved and lost right?
I'm in a similar boat with my J&M gators that were MTO'ed in 95. I wear them like any other pair.
TL: DR wear and post pics more so wer can enjoy them too!

Yeah, I know you're right. Life is extremely fast and we don't get to keep any shoes (except for the 1 pair we are buried with).

I noticed recently that there are 2 pair of vintage Dellwood split toe shoes online in my size. I'm not highly interested, but it caught my eye. I noticed that the insole on the Dellwood shoes looks the same as the insole on my gator Parks. From what I gather, it looks like the Dellwood was available around 1998 to possibly 2001 or longer. I can't find it any of the later catalogs. So if I use this as a general guide, my gator Parks were probably made sometime around 1998-2002. Crazy that they sat in a warehouse for almost 20 years.

I also saw this from the 2001 catalog and it probably indicates roughly when my Parks were made. However, I also found the Sterling as far back as the 1993 catalog, so it's tough to say exactly how old they are.

Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 11.32.08 PM.png

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried to get some decent lighting outside, but it wasn't happening in this 3:30 PM California sun. The sun here is always on steroids and it makes the lighting look pretty dull when I tried to capture a pictures of my recent guitar and the Parks. I'm not an expert on lighting, like @AEShoeMan who's shoes often look like edible pastries because the polishing and lighting is so good. I'm still learning how find spots where the lighting is better. Our entrance door often has good lighting, but the spot is so small that there's barely enough room. You can compare below to see how much better both the shoes and guitar look in the doorway lighting.

In regards to the Gator Parks, they are the only pair I feel extra cautious with. It's the only pair I would never be able to replace in the future. They've mostly been in my closet as I prefer not to leave them out on the rack. They are so old that they have little sweat holes in the lining at the toe area. AE must have stopped doing this a long time ago. The lining feels as soft as any of my Indy shoes. The only thing that sucks is the VIP rubber sole. While not a bad rubber option, it takes away from the potential of this shoe. This is one of the few pair I plan to not send to AE to recraft. I'm planning to go with Bedo's, but a new JR sole would cost a minimum of $200. I'm also a little scared to send these in the mail in case something happens to them. I'm in no rush to mail these somewhere. What both these shoes the guitar have in common is that I will not be able to replace either of them in the future.

Outdoor:
View attachment 1192800

Indoor:
View attachment 1192801

Are those $3000 shoes?

They are incredible. I get it that they are irreplaceable, but, they are just shoes and wearing them may enhance your mood/day. The rubber soles make them weather ready.

I have that sole on several shell items, many of these have become my bad-weather bad-ass shoes.

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried to get some decent lighting outside, but it wasn't happening in this 3:30 PM California sun. The sun here is always on steroids and it makes the lighting look pretty dull when I tried to capture a pictures of my recent guitar and the Parks. I'm not an expert on lighting, like @AEShoeMan who's shoes often look like edible pastries because the polishing and lighting is so good. I'm still learning how find spots where the lighting is better. Our entrance door often has good lighting, but the spot is so small that there's barely enough room. You can compare below to see how much better both the shoes and guitar look in the doorway lighting.

In regards to the Gator Parks, they are the only pair I feel extra cautious with. It's the only pair I would never be able to replace in the future. They've mostly been in my closet as I prefer not to leave them out on the rack. They are so old that they have little sweat holes in the lining at the toe area. AE must have stopped doing this a long time ago. The lining feels as soft as any of my Indy shoes. The only thing that sucks is the VIP rubber sole. While not a bad rubber option, it takes away from the potential of this shoe. This is one of the few pair I plan to not send to AE to recraft. I'm planning to go with Bedo's, but a new JR sole would cost a minimum of $200. I'm also a little scared to send these in the mail in case something happens to them. I'm in no rush to mail these somewhere. What both these shoes the guitar have in common is that I will not be able to replace either of them in the future.

Outdoor:
View attachment 1192800

Indoor:
View attachment 1192801

Those PA’s are truly beautiful

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can try that, but I don't have a traditional dryer, have an LG washer/dryer combo unit that uses ventless condensing drying, although I can set it for things like more dry, less dry, damp. I have very little to loose by trying, so think I will give it a shot next week. I think I should have ordered 34 Raleigh and it would be fine, not overly un-fine as it is, but they fit a bit like Levi's and not the Gustin's or Brave Star (which for stupid "man-ity" sizing are a 32 for me)
LG ug

Outdoor:
View attachment 1192800

Indoor:
View attachment 1192801

A good demonstration on lighting effects. And the shoes and guitar sure are pretty, both ways.

Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Father’s Day gents. My Granddaughter is taking me to McDonald’s. Bellevue is my shoe.
CB3411CF-38C9-4C5D-8BD1-DFCBC8AF0240.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Father’s Day forum Dads. Glad that in this day and age it is still being celebrated.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Outdoor:
View attachment 1192800

Indoor:
View attachment 1192801

Those shoes are absolutely exquisite! And at that price, anyone would be a fool NOT to jump at those. I am green with envy. :alien:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had wanted an alligator watch band to match my Chesters. Rather than pay a reasonable fee, I elected to make one even though I had no leather experience. I watched a few YouTube videos, and I slept at a holiday inn, so I must be an expert. Right? It was fun, but I would not recommend it to “save” money. I learned a lot and would make some changes fo the next one. Good enough for a cheap watch.

E41A6E0F-E8F6-442D-9C56-59FAE14DB561.jpeg

651F79D7-419A-45B1-875B-BB6C602D0D33.jpeg

051BB1B6-1995-4F64-B170-B08237872973.jpeg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some folks on other boards are reporting order cancellations on the Boulevards. Haven't combed through posts here to see if others have, but if not then it's out there. If they have, well then whatever. I got whisky stones in the shape of skulls so I'm gonna go have a pour.

robster35

Reaction score
Is it pretty universal to size down in length and go up in width on the 65 last?? Local cobbler measured my foot and said i need to go true to size. Ive now accumulated 4-5 pair on this last and a couple fit well albeit slightly long ( mcallisters and mcgregors) and a few fit ok but snug in width on my slightly wider right foot (strands,strandmoks), with my brown strands being particularly snug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads