• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, so I hate to be that guy, but I want to ask what you all think about the pair of HMs I received. I understand these are boots, and if they were seconds I’d be cool with this, but what do you all think?

Here is the vamp of the left boot:

View attachment 1191206

Here is the toe/vamp of the right: View attachment 1191207

There are other things too like this on the left boot:

View attachment 1191212
What do you all think I should do?Am I wrong in asking for seconds pricing here?
That is a reasonable request. If I was in AE I would appreciate any customer that got that and asked nicely for seconds pricing. I have had interactions with customers that had issues with product that they received and by their reaction you would have thought that I personally ran over their foot with a car and they would need their foot amputated.

munchau

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a reasonable request. If I was in AE I would appreciate any customer that got that and asked nicely for seconds pricing. I have had interactions with customers that had issues with product that they received and by their reaction you would have thought that I personally ran over their foot with a car and they would need their foot amputated.

I called the cs line, and after seeing the pics they offered 20% off. I had actually immediately spoke with Raul in Charleston, and he is going to get a replacement.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who would have kept them?
Considering that they’re made of CXL, won’t they look like that by the second time you wear them anyway?
I would have. My CXL Indy boots got marks like that all over after i had worn them twice.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Captain Kenilworth at your service, gentlemen.
5CFE415A-2C75-47E6-9654-BBE1D4CA7C6E.jpeg

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I hate to be that guy, but I want to ask what you all think about the pair of HMs I received. I understand these are boots, and if they were seconds I’d be cool with this, but what do you all think?

View attachment 1191206

View attachment 1191212
What do you all think I should do?Am I wrong in asking for seconds pricing here?

I would have kept these but would have asked for seconds pricing,
which should have been offered by whoever at AE last opened the box.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Considering that they’re made of CXL, won’t they look like that by the second time you wear them anyway?
I would have. My CXL Indy boots got marks like that all over after i had worn them twice.
Keeping a shoe with glaring blemishes speaks a lot to where you are in the shoe acquisition game. When you first start buying any beautiful shoe most of us want what was intended by the company. But after buying many pairs and you see how they age and how you wear them it becomes very apparent what type of blemishes just disappear and which you personally would not accept. I have a thing for loose grain on the quarters and shaft. Especially if both shoes exhibit it. I am not a fan of blemishes on the vamp. Having said that, if I buy a shoe for less than seconds pricing on a large sale, I tend to be much more tolerant. But if I am buying a new style at firsts price point, then I will want a great looking pair. It is so nice to have a few pairs that really stand out. I also have a few pairs that I love that are way beyond a second but the symmetry of f’ed up shoes are quite beautiful. Most of my shoes are somewhere in between. The big question for that CXL post was not really about what I would have done but more of a is asking for seconds pricing or replacing reasonable.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1191206

View attachment 1191212
Nope. Looks like seconds worthy to me.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One really annoying thing about Amazon (I don't know if any of you have noticed this) has to do with their drop down inventory thing. You'll see your size available in bold, thinking you've found a pair of something discontinued. But as soon as you click the size, it states it's unavailable. Amazon is the biggest tease when it comes to AE shoes.

mob.gif

higgins.png

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have worried about it. CXL taught me to embrace imperfections, wear and tear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads