• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since it's cold out, we are going no-where today. Wife is watching QVC and they have this Vita-Mixer thing on and I'm thinking what great frozen Marguaritas it would make.....She is thinking soups and stuff. We are not getting one.

My parents used to have a Vitamix, probably 15-20 years ago. A friend gave me a huge box of raw almonds from his cousins’ farm. The Vitamix makes great almond butter...

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a gas dryer that I spent a couple hours on last year. It was the thermal fuse that went bad, but was still testing in the OK range. Even if everything is testing all right, sometimes it doesn't hurt spending $30 to replace the above items with some parts off of Amazon.

One other thing to check would be the door switch. It may very well be faulty and not telling the dryer it's OK to heat up. If that's it, take the money saved by not buying a new dryer and buy yourself a sweet pair of Three Kings Boots and the matching belt!

Got a new fuse and heating element on the way. I'll *FIND* a way to swap that element out. :hide:

apparently those two parts combined solve 82% of "not heating" issues. Given the dryer is about 6 years old, one wouldn't expect anything to fail just yet, but when realizing just *HOW* much laundry the missus does for work, it's probably the equivalent of 3-4 times that age.

Update on that wednesday, I spose.

Now, where's that .300 blackout brass I need to prime.....

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Styleforum is awesome! What better place to share a passion for shoes and style than right here?

I'd like to share with all of you dapper gents something that happened here on this forum, that quite frankly, I still have a hard time wrapping my head around. It all started with this years' DOT shoes and a wish list.

As most of you have read recently, due to the clean out of the Port Washington warehouse, some older shoes were uncovered and marked to be sold as "no color - men's DOT shoes." I took a gamble and ordered all of theses available shoes in sizes and widths that I found fit me, in the hopes of uncovering one or two unicorns or gems. Of the ten pairs that I received, three were keepers. A black Jodox, a black Hampstead, and a brown Park Ave on Dainite. One of the items to be returned was a chili and white Valhalla (although I like spectators, I have no golf skills, therefore no need for a spikeless golf shoe).

Then the 2019 wish list threads started. @Joe Schmoe had both the Jodox and Valhalla on his 2019 list. To be honest, I liked the Jodox but was on the fence with keeping it and was willing to let it go to someone that really wanted it. I reached out to @Joe Schmoe privately and asked how he did with 1/2 size longer then his normal size and offered the Jodox and Valhalla to him.

@Joe Schmoe graciously declined the Jodox hoping for one to show up in his preferred size, but decided to take the Valhalla for some upcoming golfing with his family. I asked him for his shipping address so that I could figure out shipping cost.

He sent me his name and address out in California. Jokingly, I asked if he went to school in Illinois, because I went to high school with someone that shared the same name. Basically the equivalent of someone saying they were from Australia and asking if they knew Mick Dundee. He quickly replied back that he did and that he went to a particular high school.

Guess what?

Yep - @Joe Schmoe and I were both classmates at the same high school in Illinois! 30 years and 2,500 miles apart - reconnected by a single pair of AE golf shoes and this forum. What a truly small world.

I'm glad for this forum and the reconnection. A flood of happy memories have come back since this recent discovery.

Glad to reconnect with you @Joe Schmoe and glad AE is a hobby for you as well!

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Styleforum is awesome! What better place to share a passion for shoes and style than right here?

I'd like to share with all of you dapper gents something that happened here on this forum, that quite frankly, I still have a hard time wrapping my head around. It all started with this years' DOT shoes and a wish list.

As most of you have read recently, due to the clean out of the Port Washington warehouse, some older shoes were uncovered and marked to be sold as "no color - men's DOT shoes." I took a gamble and ordered all of theses available shoes in sizes and widths that I found fit me, in the hopes of uncovering one or two unicorns or gems. Of the ten pairs that I received, three were keepers. A black Jodox, a black Hampstead, and a brown Park Ave on Dainite. One of the items to be returned was a chili and white Valhalla (although I like spectators, I have no golf skills, therefore no need for a spikeless golf shoe).

Then the 2019 wish list threads started. @Joe Schmoe had both the Jodox and Valhalla on his 2019 list. To be honest, I liked the Jodox but was on the fence with keeping it and was willing to let it go to someone that really wanted it. I reached out to @Joe Schmoe privately and asked how he did with 1/2 size longer then his normal size and offered the Jodox and Valhalla to him.

@Joe Schmoe graciously declined the Jodox hoping for one to show up in his preferred size, but decided to take the Valhalla for some upcoming golfing with his family. I asked him for his shipping address so that I could figure out shipping cost.

He sent me his name and address out in California. Jokingly, I asked if he went to school in Illinois, because I went to high school with someone that shared the same name. Basically the equivalent of someone saying they were from Australia and asking if they knew Mick Dundee. He quickly replied back that he did and that he went to a particular high school.

Guess what?

Yep - @Joe Schmoe and I were both classmates at the same high school in Illinois! 30 years and 2,500 miles apart - reconnected by a single pair of AE golf shoes and this forum. What a truly small world.

I'm glad for this forum and the reconnection. A flood of happy memories have come back since this recent discovery.

An AE manufacturing error brings old friends together.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it plugged in?

You callin me Clark Griswold? :hide:

Once my dryer was acting up. It would turn on but not heat up. I reset the circuit breaker by turning it off and back on. My dryer worked fine after that.

Yep, tried that, no dice. Will know more this wednesday. ;)

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since it's cold out, we are going no-where today. Wife is watching QVC and they have this Vita-Mixer thing on and I'm thinking what great frozen Marguaritas it would make.....She is thinking soups and stuff. We are not getting one.
A Vitamix is WELL worth the cost. Personally, I would suggest skipping the fancier models with needless bells and whistles (typically what's offered on QVC and HSN) and get the tried and true 5200. And yes you WANT that tall container that probably won't let you store it on the countertop under the upper kitchen cabinets. A certified refurbished direct from Vitamix is not a bad choice if you want to save some bucks.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guess what?

Wow, that’s super cool!

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some Allen Edmonds shoes. Because this is the Allen Edmonds thread.

Trunk show MTO natty Dundee’s, now prefaced by the day of their birth. Much patina, like greatly.

View attachment 1108103 View attachment 1108104

Another pic for good measure:

View attachment 1108105

I'm sure this has been quoted and liked a hundred times since you posted this @peppercorn78... but DAMN those are beauties! (I'm like 40 pages behind.) Had my Dundee order waiting with my SA for the last (ever?) trunk show. Then wouldn't you know it - Dundees weren't included at the last minute. Guess we can't all be like Prof PC aka Capt Kenny.

TresG

Reaction score
A Vitamix is WELL worth the cost. Personally, I would suggest skipping the fancier models with needless bells and whistles (typically what's offered on QVC and HSN) and get the tried and true 5200. And yes you WANT that tall container that probably won't let you store it on the countertop under the upper kitchen cabinets. A certified refurbished direct from Vitamix is not a bad choice if you want to save some bucks.

I can attest to the refurbished VitaMix. That's how I bought mine and it runs like a dream. Speaking of VitaMix and the earlier discussion of Keto, it's great for whipping up a nice frothy cup of "Silver Bullet Coffee" (as I call it, since I don't use the "official" Bulletproof)!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The boots are great. The trousers are even better.

20190120_132806.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads