• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would you exchange these?

Cigar Strands have a weird cross-hatchy mark just in front and to the right of the bottom lace (camera doesn't capture great) - the welt gash is also unusually bad and the seam up the right heel is pretty bad and off center.

Walnut 5th aves just have some very lazy and streaky finishing. Pics don't capture it very well.

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's project time!! I am trying to see if I can make a watch band from a pair of Florsheim Imperials kindly donated by @eTrojan. I am making progress. Time will tell, but I have a feeling the shoes are past the point of no return, so it better work out.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would you exchange these?

Cigar Strands have a weird cross-hatchy mark just in front and to the right of the bottom lace (camera doesn't capture great) - the welt gash is also unusually bad and the seam up the right heel is pretty bad and off center.

Walnut 5th aves just have some very lazy and streaky finishing. Pics don't capture it very well.

These are pairs #3 and #4 after 1 and 2 were too jacked up to keep.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Full on dad duty this weekend while the wife is having a girls weekend with friends. Stop one was Dunkin Donuts this morning, followed by lunch at home, then a trip to the ball pit/play area at the local community center. Weather is a sloppy mess here in Minnesota, so went Non-AE today (muleskinner Iron Rangers on vibram mini-lug soles).
View attachment 1298613
Iron rangers can take anything you can dish at them, good choice of boot.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's that old saying???? "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional"

Alan's mantra is rave to the grave.

He may well be on to something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads