• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I listened to a bit of the earnings call today. My impressions were as follows:
Hmmm. This Allen Edmonds Brand is a different kind of animal than we are used to. That inventory was described as slower turns but Damm!!! They had stuff on the shelves that was years old. Some of this shuff is not moving at any price. A young Football player should get those new styles going, but hey, those pesky AE customers won’t budge from that stiff old Heritage stuff. How do you amortize a brand like AE? We don’t know and are going to have to play that one by ear. We better stop spending a lot on commercials because this brand is a turtle. I guess the average guy won’t buy 3 pairs of our Street shoes. Why ain’t this brand like our other hot women’s fashion brands. Boy this is not easy.
Lol. From the sounds of it, a divestiture could be in its future.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol. From the sounds of it, a divestiture could be in its future.
Calares did a few smart things, late in the third quarter they realized that they were not going to hit their targets. So they decided to get some of their duplicate costs over with instead of living with them for a few years as planned. AE was not the only issue, Vivonoc stocks tanked and they decided to buy back stock with 50 million instead of paying off revolving debt. By jumping in the mud in 2018 Calares hopes to shower that **** off in the first quarter and be clean and pretty the rest of 2019.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hogs tonight and tomorrow. Family Business Beer Co Sunday. PME-based fuckery today. Blech.

IMG_20190322_054419_986.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
7EE4F237-BC2A-441B-80E1-30B88A225C6F.jpeg
Talking about the abyss, who here would gladly pay more than $80 for these HM’s? The blind color dot pricing does hurt. Another method should be found, but not until all my cool stuff come my way.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because the average guy buys A shoe at Walmart, wears it until it has a hole or otherwise falls apart and then buys Another shoe... at Walmart. Also, those new styles you're not selling SUCK ASS.

On there other hand, some average forum members bought 5 pairs of shell cordovan... AT FULL PRICE!
So right I liked it twice.
Know Your Customers.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like the forum needs a rest.
Lots o trouble loading pages. And now a dupe.
BBL

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been having all sorts of odd things happening, primarily with email notifications. SF IT says it's my ISP, my ISP says it's SF. So I created a Gmail account just for SF use. I must be nuts, that I spent 2+ hours trying to resolve a SHOE THREAD issue, when I could have been watching Bball.

The mystery / missing emails with Ashley sounded similar.

The new rack o shell is installed and fits snug in the closet.
33 items with a space awaiting green goodness.

I only <g> have 32 shell pairs but Shark Mills fills the void.

IMG_0902.jpeg

Last edited:

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I listened to a bit of the earnings call today. My impressions were as follows:
Hmmm. This Allen Edmonds Brand is a different kind of animal than we are used to. That inventory was described as slower turns but Damm!!! They had stuff on the shelves that was years old. Some of this shuff is not moving at any price. A young Football player should get those new styles going, but hey, those pesky AE customers won’t budge from that stiff old Heritage stuff. How do you amortize a brand like AE? We don’t know and are going to have to play that one by ear. We better stop spending a lot on commercials because this brand is a turtle. I guess the average guy won’t buy 3 pairs of our Street shoes. Why ain’t this brand like our other hot women’s fashion brands. Boy this is not easy.

Sounds like someone saw dollar signs from a "brand" and didn't do their research into that brand's customer base. They're so used to the fast fashion crowd they didn't think there was a difference between that and those focused more on classic style.

Maybe they'll get scared and sell it to someone who gives a damn. #fingerscrossed

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like someone saw dollar signs from a "brand" and didn't do their research into that brand's customer base. They're so used to the fast fashion crowd they didn't think there was a difference between that and those focused more on classic style.

Maybe they'll get scared and sell it to someone who gives a damn. #fingerscrossed

It is hard for me to think they do not give a damn on the heels of TS2019. SOMETHING clicked here, the combination of speed and quality has been astonishing.

Yes, that is no ordinary boot. [emoji2]

Thank you! But that is what my Ho hum was referencing. They are an ordinary boot by TS2019 standards!

I marvel at my builds a bit more, because getting things right on size 15d scale seems even more impressive to me. But AE has been punching out of its weight class, at an unheard of scale/frequency.

So... you're not disappointed with the dry "second rate" shell and returning for no good reason without even accepting a remake from AE?
:hide:

Oh, and despite the 1400 spent on shoes? My phone is giving me troubles, so I cannot share photos. Just. Trust. Me, that these are sub par and tell me how to address AE to get a bunch of dough back for them. And then? I guess I'll keep em.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The mystery / missing emails with Ashley sounded similar.

The new rack o shell is installed and fits snug in the closet.
33 items with a space awaiting green goodness.

I only <g> have 32 shell pairs but Shark Mills fills the void.

View attachment 1147668
That’s a nice piece of work.
And my wife would freak if I put up a Wall o’ Shell!

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a thing of beauty.

Thank you, since we share the same size, you could really have some fun in there!

That’s a nice piece of work.
And my wife would freak if I put up a Wall o’ Shell!

I did this gradually (lol) over 5 years, my wife has been marginally supportive as I cannot even open my mouth when she shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads