1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by St Hubbins, Dec 31, 2018.

1. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Distinguished Member

For those who ordered a Higgins with a double JR sole, are they the most comfortable shoe/boot in your collection?

2. CT Yankee

CT Yankee New Member

My Caen’s arrived today. Black suede like yours. I’ve never had a boot from AE before so I’m hoping I like them as much as I did my Overlords.

3. mreams99

mreams99 Distinguished Member

Today was my first day to wear my HMs, aside from trying them on last night.
    As I walked the dogs across the street this afternoon I realized how comfortable they had been all day. I think it’s the combination of the double sole with the poron insole.

4. aero25

aero25 Distinguished Member

While I agree, I do like the look of that new stead color.
    I have worn them once so far. That double JR sole is love.

5. smfdoc

smfdoc Distinguished Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Ok, I will help. You need to wear different pairs during the day. Each pair is matched to your motivation. Morning Shoenut needs a pair that says, “Lookout world, I’m ready to conquer and dominate. Seize the day!!!” Afternoon Shoenut needs a pair that says, “I am the master of all I survey. Men fear me and women want to be with me.” Please note that this may require shell. Finally, Evening Shoenut changes to a pair that shows taste, refinement, and a willingness to tip generously. Boom!! You have tripled your shoe wearing and the women will chase you down the street throwing panties in your direction. You will feel like Elvis.

6. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

I have three on double JR now; brown pair solidly broken in. Comfortable yes. Most comfortable? Hmm. Probably going to give it to my Fifth Sts, but they're pretty close.

7. instigateur

instigateur Distinguished Member

Cold and dry today. Well the pavement was a little damp. Neumok's!

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190315085050730_COVER.jpg

8. bpanicola

bpanicola Senior Member

They are so comfortable. If sized right they feel like a pair of socks with a commando sole.

9. armedferret

armedferret Distinguished Member

If your ability to clench needs work, I have a suggestion.

Head into the woods. Wait till about 1130 or so at night. Have a couple great horned owls talking near you.

Then out of nowhere, suddenly screech owl....8 feet away.

If that don't test your sphincter, check your pulse.

10. g e

g e Senior Member

Always.

11. SonnyUte

SonnyUte Senior Member

Still digesting AE’s decision to name boots after the D-Day operation. When I see the names together like this: Caen, Overlord (and you can add Normandy), it gives me pause. It seems a little disrespectful. They are great boots. And given their styling reminiscent of venerable WW2 footwear, I can see how some marketing person thought it would be cool. But still.....lots of people died.

12. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Distinguished Member

Have been enjoying the TS far more since receiving some of my order.
    IMG_0818.jpeg

13. jet-stream

jet-stream Distinguished Member

PSA:

Shoe Snob, which is the merchandise side of J. Fitzpatrick, will be discontinued and they are selling accessories and shoe care products at 30% off. Specifically, I’d suggest that the travel shoe trees are worth your consideration - I travel frequently and I’m a big fan. They are the exact same model that the Hanger Project sells, just with different branding. Shipping is from the UK so isn’t cheap, but if you are buying a couple of pairs it’s probably worthwhile over the Hanger Project.

Currently M and XL are in stock (Hanger project has L in stock while shoe snob does not): https://us.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com...ucts/travel-shoe-trees?variant=11305032515699

14. Thrift Couture

Thrift Couture Distinguished Member

As you should, my Friend. Looking good!

15. armedferret

armedferret Distinguished Member

Night 1. No pork.

But Lulu is cool with me. So still a win.

IMG_20190316_071517_223.jpg