1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by St Hubbins, Dec 31, 2018.

1. 2Deuce2

2Deuce2 Distinguished Member

2. bpanicola

bpanicola Senior Member

Back to the Caen today expecting a rainy day that hasn’t materialized.

image.jpg

3. Roycru

Roycru Distinguished Member

As some may have noticed, I have been in the San Fernando Valley, someplace I hadn't been since before the Bicentennial (in 1976), for around a month. Earlier today went walking on Ventura Blvd in Studio City (somewhere I had never been before).

Was wearing snuff suede Neumoks and saw these things embedded in the sidewalk. Have no idea how these things improved Studio City as I hadn't been there before, but I do know who John Wayne and Noah Berry are (or is it "were")?

IMG_1440.jpg

Having never heard of the film "A Trail Beyond" looked online and found this:

WithNoah.jpg

Looks like John Wayne and Noah Berry discovered Dudley Do-Right had been shot and are discussing how to break the news to Nell Fenwick.

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures (as well as what happens when someone taller than you takes your picture) stopped in a Goorin Brothers hat shop on Ventura Blvd and tried on a hat. (In the mirror you can see how much taller than me the person who took the picture was.)

IMG_1445.jpg

For any enquiring minds who want to know, the hat is called "Dean The Butcher" and the color is Moss (and I didn't buy it).

For fans of food pictures in shoe treads, stopped at Brit Boba (again) for tea and Victoria Sponge Cake.

IMG_1434.jpg

Yes, this is another picture taken from too high an angle, but at least this makes the pictures in the post consistent.

Yes, the lines in my forehead have looked that way since a MOHS surgery at UCLA Med Center a few years ago and yes, did cut myself on my chin this morning while shaving.

4. 2Deuce2

2Deuce2 Distinguished Member

The 2017 TS was an accidental one for me. Yeah I’d heard one was going on, but I needed to figure out why my shell Bradley’s we’re ill fitting. Because I didn’t know the AE stores in PHX, @aero25 coached me on the area. When I got there, Tom was a great source. We ended up talking about the TS and I ended up with Natty Shell Cornwallis!

5. Shoonoob

Shoonoob Senior Member

20190315_075940.jpg
    Rain spots on the HMs today. A little drizzle was not going to deter me!
    I like the flat laces but swapped them out on these because they cover too much of the eyelets and take away from the beauty of that shell. I will probably order a couple colours of thinner flat laces to play with.

6. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

20190315_174731.jpg

7. RMB35

RMB35 Senior Member

AE must have a good relationship with Stead. They seem to use their leather a fair amount.

8. mreams99

mreams99 Distinguished Member

When I ask my wife “How’s it hangin’?” she asks like she doesn’t know how to respond.
    How does your wife or girlfriend answer this question?

9. audog

audog Stylish Dinosaur

To the left?

10. Shoenut

Shoenut Distinguished Member

With a kick to the groin. She thinks that is funny.

11. James1051

James1051 Distinguished Member

Another day of fantastic photos on the AEAT

Winning!

Looking especially natty today, Roy!
    and dang, do you eat well!!

excellent

great look there madhat!

12. audog

audog Stylish Dinosaur

Odd sense of humor, there.

13. Shoenut

Shoenut Distinguished Member

I came to a sad realization today. There is only 365 days in a year. That means only 8 wears a year for my shoes. How do I remedy this? I know, up my timeframe for tracking. If I track over a decade then I can get 360 pair and wear each pair 10 times in that timeframe. That is 2 more wears each. That has got to be the solution.

14. mreams99

mreams99 Distinguished Member

Daytime shoes.
    Evening shoes.
    You’re welcome.

15. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

This is probably my only solution...