1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by St Hubbins, Dec 31, 2018.

1. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

Total flip for me: my PA is rocking right at the top of my comfort list. Single leather sole on 65? Yum.

2. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Distinguished Member

I’ll admi to bring old enough to get that.:alien:

3. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Distinguished Member

My four-way tie for comfort & fit are:

Wilbert
    Stock LB’s
    Shell Bradley’s
    Hopkinsons

4. EZB

EZB Distinguished Member

It’s odd... I have a couple most comfy:

Whitney (Black fits better than brown)—just all around fits me perfectly
    McGregor—single leather and blucher design fits so well and really bends perfectly as I move

5. Shoenut

Shoenut Distinguished Member

Obviously you are not married to a Latina. Let me explain how it works. My wife will be in Mexico for a month or two. While with the family she will text me nonstop and ask what I am doing. When she wants to come back she will not text so much. Then she will accuse me of cheating and demand to come back. Then she will be mad for a day and then forgive me. It is kind of a love game.

6. g e

g e Well-Known Member

I am a 12b borderline A with low volume foot and the flattest feet east of StLouis.

My HM are this size and they fit well. I wear thicker Marino wool socks with my shoes withbthe exception of PA’s.

I sometimes use a slender insole but either way is comfortable. I do not need to lace thrm to the point the tongue disappears.

Hope this helps.

7. audog

audog Distinguished Member

Wow, and you can keep track of all this PLUS shoes, YOU DA MAN!

8. cardsfan89

cardsfan89 Senior Member

Considering a pair of burgundy or brown FAs on double JR, and I’m interested in your feedback. How versatile would these be? I don’t think I’d have any issues wearing them casually with jeans, but how formal would you push a pair of shell boots like this in an office environment?

This would be pair number 36 or 37, so I don’t need them to be my most versatile pair, but I also don’t want them to be relegated to seasonal, situational wear

TIA

9. Shoenut

I just had an SA measure my feet the other day. He remarked at just how flexible I can be with sizing. Heel to toe is now a 9. Used to be an 8.5. Heel to ball up a half to 10. Width at 9 is barely in D range. Flat foot, low volume and heavy pronation. It all adds up to a plethora of sizes that can work for me depending on last. From 9D in the 222. 9C on the 511. 9.5B in the 65. I even have some 10B’s. B34 last a 8.5D but APL is a 9D. For long term look of the shoe longer and thinner is usually better.

10. jet-stream

jet-stream Distinguished Member

BG1A. Have a feeling we will be seeing more 1st Aves around here in a couple of months ...

ADF87540-4EDA-4B39-A72D-F8FCC36D0CA8.jpeg

11. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

I'd wear them from jeans to tweed suit.
    I have others up there, but I like single leather on 65 for sure!

12. jet-stream

Um, pretty darn versatile. I probably wouldn’t wear with a suit, but I’d go up to trousers, odd jacket, and tie without blinking. Did that today with 1st Aves in fact (though I didn’t feel like wearing the tie for most of the day).

I’m sure there are many who would pair with a suit, and I don’t think this would be wrong. I think if you’re wearing anything between shorts and a tux, you’ll be fine.

13. jet-stream

Tweed suit is a good call. If I had any, I would raise my previously-posted personal ceiling to this.

14. Shoenut

The shell make up gives the FA a more dressy feel. I really liked the Blue shell and can see it just short of full blown suit. If you wear more dark blues, greys, and Olive burgundy is killer. But if your wardrobe is lighter browns, blues and grey I think brown is a good way to go.

15. EZB

EZB Distinguished Member

I was also considering both, but settled on the burgundy because I got the Cornwallis in navy already and thought the 1A in burgundy was more versatile than navy. I have a navy chukka also, and nothing burgundy—only oxblood 5A. I got the Higgins in brown also