• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to hear that! I would hope that to be the case. It would be a huge moral kill to receive that phone call!

They hold the upper hand to make anyone happy. A wild card MTO on a future item. :) Suggest this if you get the call!

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1124265
View attachment 1124264
A fine and pleasant Monday to you, fellow enthusiasts. A bit messy outside. Phoning it in today, sartorially. J Crew 770 chinos, Lands’ End OCBD, Uniqlo lambswool cardigan, AE Central Ave belt and brown Strandmoks.

Hopefully by the end of the week I can start scheming again about buying a pair of shoes or boots. Also this Friday is the date of my unique opportunity. So far it still looks like it’s happening. Can’t wait. Will post a report over the weekend.
Went with brown Strandmoks and a cardigan today also. What’s the unique opportunity?

BB2C05B8-5369-4FEB-BAB8-2206634AD6BB.jpeg

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flying in JA Strandmoks.

Find me at O'Hare on the F concourse. I'm buying.

IMG_20190211_160557.jpg

Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I sure did. At this point, AE can really go **** off. By no means am I a massive collector, but the 14 pairs in my closet were bought with Canadian dollars. Yet, promotions are domestic only? 50% more on the price of the shoe? And the ultimate annoyance...the Canadian price is still $50 more after exchange than the pre-promotion price.

Honestly, this is some next level bullshit. I get shipping promotions and such never apply cross border. But price-point promotions and hell, NON-promotion pricing? I take some serious issue with that.
I can not understand why. It should not matter where you order from. You should get the same price that I get. Of course shipping would be more and the exchange rate is what it is. The one question that I do have is whose sales tax do you need to pay? Canadian and US?

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Late post. Natty Higgins for errands on Sunday and this morning. I was planning on travelling with them until I remembered the TSA. I really need that pre-check so I don't have to disrobe in the terminal.

As we left the house my wife said she appreciated that I was dressing better even when we were out shopping. Boom!

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190211093627266_COVER.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Late post. Natty Higgins for errands on Sunday and this morning. I was planning on travelling with them until I remembered the TSA. I really need that pre-check so I don't have to disrobe in the terminal.

As we left the house my wife said she appreciated that I was dressing better even when we were out shopping. Boom!

View attachment 1124346
Pre-check is awesome, and HM's don't have a steel shank, so they won't set off the alarm in pre-check. Still have to remove in regular line though.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pre-check is awesome, and HM's don't have a steel shank, so they won't set off the alarm in pre-check. Still have to remove in regular line though.

On a rare trip abroad last summer we were going through security at Bassel, Switzerland. All the Americans in line were reflexively reaching for our shoes. Security dude said, "oh, you don't have to do that here." Same at Heathrow.

So I kept my Wilberts on.

Speaking of which, when it is a casual day and sloppy as heck (like today) and I'm in a mood to not reach for boots (which is rare) the Wilberts are just perfect. Not flashy but comfy and indestructible it seems. Some things just work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads