1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by St Hubbins, Dec 31, 2018.

1. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Distinguished Member

8D26FF62-C4CD-4DF3-B887-A9D7940DD806.jpeg
    EA74A36F-D438-463F-A763-961818CCE8C8.jpeg
    A fine and pleasant Monday to you, fellow enthusiasts. A bit messy outside. Phoning it in today, sartorially. J Crew 770 chinos, Lands’ End OCBD, Uniqlo lambswool cardigan, AE Central Ave belt and brown Strandmoks.

Hopefully by the end of the week I can start scheming again about buying a pair of shoes or boots. Also this Friday is the date of my unique opportunity. So far it still looks like it’s happening. Can’t wait. Will post a report over the weekend.

2. pbrandes

pbrandes Senior Member

Is that a new box design? Are they solid like the old ones?

3. pbrandes

pbrandes Senior Member

No, unfortunately I can't make it down there on Thursday. Keep the SF flag flying for me!

4. savvysartorial

savvysartorial Distinguished Member

Gorgeous and breathtaking!! :worship:

I stand by my statement (many times) that the Cambridge is an awesome shoe/pattern. Slap any color shell on it and you've got a contender for a sexy shoe!

5. cc808314

cc808314 Distinguished Member

Do you pull the front and back of the waist to a straight line when measuring?

6. LLEE

LLEE Senior Member

I sure did. At this point, AE can really go fuck off. By no means am I a massive collector, but the 14 pairs in my closet were bought with Canadian dollars. Yet, promotions are domestic only? 50% more on the price of the shoe? And the ultimate annoyance...the Canadian price is still $50 more after exchange than the pre-promotion price.

Honestly, this is some next level bullshit. I get shipping promotions and such never apply cross border. But price-point promotions and hell, NON-promotion pricing? I take some serious issue with that.

7. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Distinguished Member

They hold the upper hand to make anyone happy. A wild card MTO on a future item. :) Suggest this if you get the call!

8. James1051

James1051 Distinguished Member

Went with brown Strandmoks and a cardigan today also. What’s the unique opportunity?

BB2C05B8-5369-4FEB-BAB8-2206634AD6BB.jpeg

9. HCapLonghorn

HCapLonghorn Senior Member

Well guys, don't have to think about navy anymore - just got charged for a pair of bourbon Leeds

I guess they weren't all sold on Thursday afterall - or held back some pairs. Perhaps some others got lucky as well.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019

10. James1051

James1051 Distinguished Member

:cheers:

11. instigateur

instigateur Senior Member

Flying in JA Strandmoks.

Find me at O'Hare on the F concourse. I'm buying.

IMG_20190211_160557.jpg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019

12. Shoenut

Shoenut Distinguished Member

I can not understand why. It should not matter where you order from. You should get the same price that I get. Of course shipping would be more and the exchange rate is what it is. The one question that I do have is whose sales tax do you need to pay? Canadian and US?

13. instigateur

instigateur Senior Member

Late post. Natty Higgins for errands on Sunday and this morning. I was planning on travelling with them until I remembered the TSA. I really need that pre-check so I don't have to disrobe in the terminal.

As we left the house my wife said she appreciated that I was dressing better even when we were out shopping. Boom!

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190211093627266_COVER.jpg

14. EZB

EZB Distinguished Member

Trigger pulled on burgundy 1A on double JR

15. audog

audog Distinguished Member

Pre-check is awesome, and HM's don't have a steel shank, so they won't set off the alarm in pre-check. Still have to remove in regular line though.