1. MEGA EASTER EGG HUNT has started now! There will be $50, $100 eggs and a Golden Egg with a pair of St. Crispin's brown oxford shoes from Skoaktiebolaget inside!
  2. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by St Hubbins, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Genericuser1

Genericuser1 Senior Member

I could get green ones for $64 with tax. I have the Ely in green so no real need though. I guess technically its $94 for the other with tax.

2. polojock615

polojock615 Distinguished Member

I mentioned this to Ashley and she mentioned that no one was getting cancel calls about this. I think they planned a bit better than most people thought they did...

3. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Distinguished Member

Good to hear that! I would hope that to be the case. It would be a huge moral kill to receive that phone call!

20170606_142745.jpg

Completey unrelated photo of Whiskey and brown shell cordovan.

4. donkeyhoatie

donkeyhoatie Senior Member

Yup, when I was talking to Ashley on Thursday during the TS, she mentioned that they were pretty much booked for the 50 original pairs, but was pretty confident that they underestimated the total of bourbon shells available.

5. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Distinguished Member

One man's trash is another man's treasure. Cambridge seconds from 2016.

pjimage.jpg

6. EZB

EZB Distinguished Member

I'd hardly call them any man's trash! If you bought shell for $695 and got a defect, you'd return--unless they offered you a deal to keep it, right?

7. James1051

James1051 Distinguished Member

All is well with Ashley at the wheel.

8. pbrandes

pbrandes Senior Member

Is that the Peet's on Westwood Blvd. just below Santa Monica Blvd.? If so, I've been there many times. Most of my indoor shoe shots are taken in my local Santa Barbara Peet's. I'm mostly a coffee drinker, but I'm partial to a 50-50 mix of their jasmine downey pearls and mint teas.

For fans of AE shoes in Peet's Coffee, black Higgies...

IMG_4133.JPG

9. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Distinguished Member

Any chance you are going Thursday to the Trunk Show?

10. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Distinguished Member

8D26FF62-C4CD-4DF3-B887-A9D7940DD806.jpeg
    EA74A36F-D438-463F-A763-961818CCE8C8.jpeg
    A fine and pleasant Monday to you, fellow enthusiasts. A bit messy outside. Phoning it in today, sartorially. J Crew 770 chinos, Lands’ End OCBD, Uniqlo lambswool cardigan, AE Central Ave belt and brown Strandmoks.

Hopefully by the end of the week I can start scheming again about buying a pair of shoes or boots. Also this Friday is the date of my unique opportunity. So far it still looks like it’s happening. Can’t wait. Will post a report over the weekend.

11. pbrandes

pbrandes Senior Member

Is that a new box design? Are they solid like the old ones?

12. pbrandes

pbrandes Senior Member

No, unfortunately I can't make it down there on Thursday. Keep the SF flag flying for me!

13. savvysartorial

savvysartorial Distinguished Member

Gorgeous and breathtaking!! :worship:

I stand by my statement (many times) that the Cambridge is an awesome shoe/pattern. Slap any color shell on it and you've got a contender for a sexy shoe!

14. cc808314

cc808314 Distinguished Member

Do you pull the front and back of the waist to a straight line when measuring?

15. LLEE

LLEE Senior Member

I sure did. At this point, AE can really go fuck off. By no means am I a massive collector, but the 14 pairs in my closet were bought with Canadian dollars. Yet, promotions are domestic only? 50% more on the price of the shoe? And the ultimate annoyance...the Canadian price is still $50 more after exchange than the pre-promotion price.

Honestly, this is some next level bullshit. I get shipping promotions and such never apply cross border. But price-point promotions and hell, NON-promotion pricing? I take some serious issue with that.