• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Around 40F here this morning shortly after 5:00am. Trying to stay warm wearing Brogue Suede Strands with knee high wool argyle socks.

View attachment 1124076

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, out in the cold and wind this morning shortly after 5:00am on the way to Peets Coffee & Tea (behind me in this picture).

On a totally non-shoe related topic, since the invention of the internet people who have no idea what they are talking about have been nattering on about totally made up "rules" about how to button your jacket (although your jacket is your private property).

Some of these people have convinced themselves they can tell other people it's wrong to button any button other than the center button an a 3 button Brooks Brothers (or other maker 3/roll 2) jacket and because of the way the jacket is made, it's impossible to button the bottom button without pulling the entire jacket out of shape.

Even in the dark, it's easy to see this isn't true. When it's cold, you can button all three buttons to stay warm.

View attachment 1124079

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads.

View attachment 1124080
That is COLD for So.CA!!!! The "rules" on buttons on a jacket are, like most clothing rules, meant to be broken. When it's cold, button that thing up, that's what buttons are for!! I don't know what it is you are getting ready to eat, but it looks good!

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wet snowy sloppy weather returns. I should have bought those Long Branches on clearance yesterday and now they are gone.
Longbranch boots are great for rougher wear. Don't pass up when they are reduced $!
download (7).jpg

I wore mine all weekend in the wet, cold weather.

Also, Maritimes / Kirkwoods are fantastic, especially at the reduced price. Besides great summer shoes, they serve as slippers half of the time.
download (17).jpg

matwa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, 30% off clearance has 3 more pairs headed my way. I almost made a call to Paramus yesterday on the McTavish and Maritime, they add 30% more off...shut up and take my money.

Natty McTavish
Natty Maritime
Dark Taupe Normandy

Another Maritime for me, too - Burgundy - this brings me to 6 Maritime -

Is that too many?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are the LongBranches fairly water-resistant, in other words do your feet stay dry in the snow/rain. Don't have any LB's but my First Aves are NOT resistant to water intrusion. Like my Maritimes for summer, wore them to Mexico and DR last year, great vacation shoes! Good for airports as well.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that too many?

Nope. Variety is great. Lessee, I have natty, brown, burgundy, navy, what did I miss? OH, you got green + red? NIMS durnit!

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that too many?
If you’re like me, they get a lot of wear at home and weekends!

Others here keep trees in them and they look pristine - mine just get abused.

D1B0FD79-29B6-4A77-8EC7-71394122EB87.jpeg B169AE27-480B-4053-A1C4-8DAE77C976F8.jpeg 5C5AECB0-305C-49CE-BCA6-3F84EFF74911.jpeg 9E737162-3C2F-4E74-ADE7-B1EAB7DEFCD9.jpeg

[edit] I really need to figure out a nice way to kill the length of those laces - any suggestions?

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the subject of Fat Herbie wallets, GS is selling them on their Accessory page. I am tempted as you guys who have them give rave reviews, but I've been using a Rogue Front Pocket wallet for so long, I don't know if I could switch. Anyone here tried both and have a preference. Oh and wearing Caen's this morning View attachment 1124030

Caens as well for me today for the snow and ice. I didn't know GS sold Ashland wallets but after looking it's the same price as direct from Ashland; I was hoping for a few dollars off. I think I'll get the Herbie in Tan Dublin.

Longbranch boots are great for rougher wear. Don't pass up when they are reduced $!
View attachment 1124095
I wore mine all weekend in the wet, cold weather.

Also, Maritimes / Kirkwoods are fantastic, especially at the reduced price. Besides great summer shoes, they serve as slippers half of the time.
View attachment 1124096

Very good price on the Longbranches right now and I really want them but the 511 doesn't work for me even after trying to stretch it.

Couldn't pass up some Maritimes for $88, I hope they fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads