• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thomas Crown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Low 40’s and drizzle today. Burg shell Dundees ain’t a bit skeered.

Forgive the lack of tasteful restraint. But Christmas comes but once a year. :)

View attachment 1299240
Love the Dundees! Among your seasonal accessories,the unsung hero are the Black Watch trousers!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A progress photo. More to do.

A105EF2F-234F-4EFB-B680-3BED5194DAEE.jpeg

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes. It depends on the model of the shoe and the person's foot shape. The 65 balmorals were designed to have some gap, where as the 108 balmorals were designed for a closed gap. For me, a closed gap usually is painful. For others like Roy, it is no issue.
I have learned something, then. Thank you.
I have an open V gap in the 65 last, closed in the 201 last. Both are comfortable. I like the aesthetics of the closed gap on the 201 lasted shoes better, at least when dressing more formally.

darkclassic

Reaction score
My final TS shipment arrived and @ae_ashley must have sprinkled some of her magic pixie dust on these before the Keebler Kobblers handed them to Mr FedEx. To what to my wondering eyes should appear when I opened the AE box of goodies???

20191213_180712.jpg

Wait, what the ????
griswold.jpg

YES, good people of Shoeville, BEHOLD, AE's TWO FLANNEL BAGS of Christmas cheer!
20191213_180721.jpg

Oh YES.......
20191213_181521.jpg

Next to the Chili Higgins...
20191213_202315.jpg

..and next to a burgundy Dundee.
burg chili dundees.jpg

PEANUTS CHRISTMAS.gif

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My final TS shipment arrived and @ae_ashley must have sprinkled some of her magic pixie dust on these before the Keebler Kobblers handed them to Mr FedEx. To what to my wondering eyes should appear when I opened the AE box of goodies???

View attachment 1299370

Wait, what the ????
View attachment 1299366

YES, good people of Shoeville, BEHOLD, AE's TWO FLANNEL BAGS of Christmas cheer!
View attachment 1299369

Oh YES.......
View attachment 1299368

Next to the Chili Higgins...
View attachment 1299367

..and next to a burgundy Dundee.
View attachment 1299371

View attachment 1299360

TWO bags?

Man their QC really is failing everywhere these days. :hide:

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone happen to have pics of walnut 5th Aves that have had the caps purposely darkened? Thinking about trying a medium brown polish on them to make them a little different

Rithrin

Reaction score
Woah, check out these vintage AE shoes. I won't be bidding on these, because I prefer split toe. Excellent condition for how old these are.

Bond Street wasn't always a cap-toe? How old does that make this pair?

Rufian

Reaction score
Why are two bags a thing of the past? How much more could it cost to add one more bag lol why not offer these 2 bags on their accessories section, instead, all they sell is the one bag

I had to buy my bags off ebay

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why are two bags a thing of the past? How much more could it cost to add one more bag lol why not offer these 2 bags on their accessories section, instead, all they sell is the one bag

I had to buy my bags off ebay
Let's not rehash the "Bag-o-Worms™" thing again...........Two is better than one, no question.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE: We've redesigned our packaging to limit movement within the box and ensure that our shoes arrive to customers in the best condition possible

Also AE: When you put your shoes in our provided storage bag(singluar), they're going to be jammed in there together like two fat kids in a sleeping bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads