• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wearing (made in 1984) Oakmonts today on the way to the barber shop. Fanatical devotees of the menswear blogosphere may notice I am standing in the most famous alley in the menswear blogosphere.

View attachment 1294900

For fans of seasonal "A-E In The Wild" pictures, after getting a haircut walked past the Paley Center For Media and saw Santa was there, so went in and took a picture with Santa.

Santa asked if I had been good all year. Since you never lie to Santa, told Santa I was a perfectly awful person and proud of it.

Don't think he was the real Santa. The real Santa knows if you've been naughty or nice. (He has a list he checks twice.)

View attachment 1294902

For fans of Santa Claus pictures in shoe threads, walked past Gucci Claus in Gucci's window. The dummy next to Gucci Claus is wearing men's clothing.

This is not an April Fool's Day joke. Those are men's clothes the dummy is wearing and they probably cost more than my car.

For comparison, the two dummies on either end are wearing ladies clothing.

View attachment 1294903

As this is the season of peace on Earth and goodwill to men, another picture from today.

Every time I walk past the door to the William Morris Endeavour Agency (the barber is in the same building) the sign on the door reminds me how stupid people in show business are.

The word "PULL" is not enough for them. They also need a picture showing how to pull.

View attachment 1294904

Now I know that the SF fashion mavens on this AE thread will instantly wish to replicate the outfit worn next to Gucci claus, and I am here to help. The top and the "slacks."

There you go. You, too, can look stupid for only $3,950, not including CA sales tax. I could not find the shoes, so you are on your own there. By the way, the banner picture on the Gucci website shows how distinguished gentlemen of a certain age should be dressing for success.

In case you are wondering, the purple boots are $1,250, which is why this man cannot afford a shirt.

Last edited:

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wearing (made in 1984) Oakmonts today on the way to the barber shop. Fanatical devotees of the menswear blogosphere may notice I am standing in the most famous alley in the menswear blogosphere.

View attachment 1294900

For fans of seasonal "A-E In The Wild" pictures, after getting a haircut walked past the Paley Center For Media and saw Santa was there, so went in and took a picture with Santa.

Santa asked if I had been good all year. Since you never lie to Santa, told Santa I was a perfectly awful person and proud of it.

Don't think he was the real Santa. The real Santa knows if you've been naughty or nice. (He has a list he checks twice.)

View attachment 1294902

For fans of Santa Claus pictures in shoe threads, walked past Gucci Claus in Gucci's window. The dummy next to Gucci Claus is wearing men's clothing.

This is not an April Fool's Day joke. Those are men's clothes the dummy is wearing and they probably cost more than my car.

For comparison, the two dummies on either end are wearing ladies clothing.

View attachment 1294903

As this is the season of peace on Earth and goodwill to men, another picture from today.

Every time I walk past the door to the William Morris Endeavour Agency (the barber is in the same building) the sign on the door reminds me how stupid people in show business are.

The word "PULL" is not enough for them. They also need a picture showing how to pull.

View attachment 1294904

your last photo reminded me of this from an empty 100-year-old cabin without a door in the middle of the winona grove in Yosemite

Emergency exit only.jpg

for reference, here is the exterior of the cabin

winnona grove.jpg

to keep things on topic here are some HM family photos, all laces are 54" guarded goods

9BFFF3B5-089F-439D-AACC-D7DBA62E09E4.jpeg D8056CCB-0D49-4A21-9034-0C6A9D90FB44.jpeg ED481CC6-2174-4845-BF05-CEAED994C042.jpeg

Last edited:

Rufian

Reaction score
why you be shaming the brotha?
I don't really understand the difference between the two Saphir lines..other than price point.

I think is a marketing strategy, the lower end product serves to hype the "higher" end one. That's why MDO line comes in a glass jar like expensive face creams and that's why people like it so much. Sure, the product inside may have better ingredients than the lower line, but I doubt is $15 more better.

I'm sure if MDO line came in a different package, like a tube or plastic container but with the same cream inside, people wouldn't be so interested in it as they are and it wouldn't have sold as much. It looks fancy and pretty and it just gives that extra expensive look to your expensive shoes to go with lol

I don't mind having it, looks nice and it makes for a nice photo next to shoes. I'm also sure the company Saphir pays a few individuals on youtube to advertise their products such as using them in shine shoe tutorials and demonstrations.

I think the product should be more affordable, maybe $15-20 instead of $23-24

That cost adds up real quick when you start getting the polishes, conditioners, high shine waxes

I think the mirror glass is like $30

Last edited:

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really understand the difference between the two Saphir lines..other than price point.
Assuming they are accurate, from what I've seen on the net, some of the most straight forward descriptions of each can be found here..

Rufian

Reaction score
I think Saphir creme polishes are excellent, but AE will do the job too. I think Saphir in general, are more potent products. Saphir conditioners sometimes will darken leather, where as Bick 4 will not. Just use some caution when applying Saphir products.

that's because the Saphir conditioner has mink oil. Saphir renovateur is more of an all in one product. It has conditioner, waxes, polish, that's why it can darken. Bick 4 doesn't darken but the consistency of it is very light, is just conditioner. I haven't used renovateur, but I doubt is that much better of a conditioner than Bick 4, probably the same level, but the renovateur will produce a better shine than Bick 4 simply because of the waxes and neutral polish it contains, which leads many to believe it somehow conditions that much better than other similar products, which may not be the case. It produces a better shine, because is not just a conditioner.

The Saphir polish, it is superior to the AE polishes though. I have both and it just colors much better and is easier to apply. The renovateur, I don't know, is just conditioning is no science and you're not adding any color. I've read a couple of threads on this forum of people who used the renovateur too often and it cracked their leather, and that was probably because of the waxes it contains.

wouldn't mind having it if I could get it on sale, looks pretty but $26 for something when Bick 4 will do just fine lol may serve a purpose if you're looking for a high shine by applying the renovateur first and then a polish, you'd get a better shine because of the extra waxes of both products

Last edited:

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now I know that the SF fashion mavens on this AE thread will instantly wish to replicate the outfit worn next to Gucci claus, and I am here to help. The top and the "slacks."

View attachment 1294931

View attachment 1294933

There you go. You, too, can look stupid for only $3,950, not including CA sales tax. I could not find the shoes, so you are on your own there. By the way, the banner picture on the Gucci website shows how distinguished gentlemen of a certain age should be dressing for success.

View attachment 1294938

In case you are wondering, the purple boots are $1,250, which is why this man cannot afford a shirt.
That's how a particular aging rock star (Iggy Pop) dresses for a Gucci banner. It's not the worst outfit he's been photographed in, either

iggy.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1294931

View attachment 1294933

View attachment 1294938

Iggy Pop wears Gucci???, what has the world come to?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's how a particular aging rock star (Iggy Pop) dresses for a Gucci banner. It's not the worst outfit he's been photographed in, either

Watched an interview with him on TV recently, guy seems to be rather normal IRL, Iggy is his stage persona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics