• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorDash

Reaction score
I wanted it but 38R sold out before I got a chance to snag it. :(

In fairness it's probably for the best; i'd likely only wear it once or twice a year, tops. Might be one in suitreview's updates soon, or possibly the outlet in the spring though, so all is not entirely lost. Worst case I just have one MTM via Alton Lane since they can get their hands on *ANYTHING*.
I doubt that he would have one soon if at all. He does seem to pull out some of the really neat stuff from time to time though.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Top five AE pairs is so hard to narrow down. I got some beloved pairs that did not make the cut. How could I not put these in the top 5?
  • Fugley MacNeils
  • Reverse Kudu HM
  • Burgundy Shell Leeds
  • Antique Burgundy Chesters
  • Olive nubuck McTavish
  • BB Tartan
Others come to mind also.

michaeliany

Reaction score
TS order update from yesterday’s visit to the Costa Mesa store: both pairs on their 2nd build. They’ll call me sometime in early December. I appreciate the QC and look forward to enjoying them. Excellent service and communication.

as for top 5. I checked my spreadsheet and apparently i have 30 “nice” pairs of shoes/boots, 20 of them AE. Currently i most like looking down and seeing these AE:
  • Brown CXL HM
  • Walnut Strand
  • Chili Grain Bradley
  • Brown Cashmere Grain Leeds
  • Oxblood MacNeil (just picked up yesterday and would have worn today but SoCal weather is rain)
i imagine my 2 pairs from TS get bumped to the top once i get them.

SonnyUte

Reaction score
I just checked the Schott website and could not find it anywhere. I ordered mine directly from Schott. Appears to be discontinued.

O’Connell’s still has size XL.
Thanks for the link. I will keep my eyes open on those secondary market.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed write up. So you do not take the same size in all 3 lasts?
I am exclusively 8 D in the 333. I take 8 D or 8.5 D in the 65 and 1943, depending on the model.

For today, since we actually have a thunderstorm (I forgot what thunder sounds like), I took the slow 7-footer off the bench. Oh how I wish I had chosen natural. Alden makes a very similar boot in natural, but it's a leather sole (and much more expensive).

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am exclusively 8 D in the 333. I take 8 D or 8.5 D in the 65 and 1943, depending on the model.

For today, since we actually have a thunderstorm (I forgot what thunder sounds like), I took the slow 7-footer off the bench. Oh how I wish I had chosen natural. Alden makes a very similar boot in natural, but it's a leather sole (and much more expensive).

View attachment 1283798
20191120_100223.jpg

7e9aba563f524e6c66bb2c20c12501dc.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another addition to the closet. I've been sitting on these for a few months since I lost my job and haven't gotten around to wearing them. They'll be in action soon. I didn't bother to brush the bloom away, so enjoy a bit of bloomy goodness!

I've been after this particular pair for a while and I had to wait since I am not a non-stock size; well worth it. One of my favorite designs and lasts to knock it out of the park!

Big thanks to AoM for their (always) excellent service! I know the good Doctor @smfdoc has a slightly different pair and @mdubs had a pair a while ago.

Alden model 9854, one that I haven't seen on these pages.

DSC00141.JPG
DSC00143.JPG
DSC00144.JPG
DSC00145.JPG

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another addition to the closet. I've been sitting on...

Alden model 9854, one that I haven't seen on these pages.
Very cool shoes. I think the reason you haven't seen them on these pages is, and I'm not sure how to tell you this, but this isn't the Alden thread. ;) :lol:

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very cool shoes. I think the reason you haven't seen them on these pages is, and I'm not sure how to tell you this, but this isn't the Alden thread. ;) :lol:
WAIT WHAT??? You're telling me this ISN'T the Strand model? I explicitly requested the guys at the Alden Edmonds store in NY ship these shoes to me. Looks like I'm going to have to do a chargeback on the credit because of those blaggards at that darn shop. :hide::stirpot:

Thank you, I really love the Hampton last. I had been after a Strand (for years) but got fed up with AE's lack of availability sometime last year... So these were born. :D

Even on the Alden thread, we rarely see balmorals (as you probably know).... You're more likely to see a rare shell model (boot) than a balmoral over yonder. Doing my levelheaded best to keep the wolves at bay for dressy styles. 😇:bigstar:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.