• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First - welcome back, I for one, missed the "Hubbins" shots. Outfits looking great and Oh My.....those reverse tobacco boots, you are going to like them....
Thank you. You’re too kind.

I don’t know what shop makes those but I have a pair of reverse tobacco chamois indys from AoSF on neocork and they are great. I like that makeup you posted there too, what shop are they from? Too similar to what I have to get them but I like the brass.
This make up is from Twill near the Twin Cities. More pictures tomorrow probably on that other thread.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy wingtip Wednesday forum pals. "Storm Watch 2019: The Moistening" continues with scattered sprinkles that make even the brave LA residents stay home. My only concession to the pending weather was to wear CXL LWBs from the other guys. They are navy in color, which I find difficult to capture.

View attachment 1283689

Does it earn a "MM" from Jeremy Clarkson for "Mildly Moist"?

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greetings, fellow enthusiasts. I wore some AEs this week. Here they are.

View attachment 1283500

View attachment 1283502

First up, Grailsons. For those unfamiliar, that means natural shell Graysons. J Crew 770 broken in chinos, Lands’ End OCBD and merino v-neck, Banana Republic MiUSA belt (not pictured), Schott NYC tweed car coat.

View attachment 1283501

View attachment 1283503

Tuesday. Brown CXL Higgins Mills with new darker green LL Bean five pocket cords, Lands’ End chambray shirt and donegal lambswool sweater, AE Central Ave belt, Schott NYC tweed car coat.

Also, I bought a pair of boots today. Hoping I like them because they cost me a pretty penny.

View attachment 1283504
Reverse tobacco chamois Indy boots.

poster,840x830,f8f8f8-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u4.jpg

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted it but 38R sold out before I got a chance to snag it. :(

In fairness it's probably for the best; i'd likely only wear it once or twice a year, tops. Might be one in suitreview's updates soon, or possibly the outlet in the spring though, so all is not entirely lost. Worst case I just have one MTM via Alton Lane since they can get their hands on *ANYTHING*.

I doubt that he would have one soon if at all. He does seem to pull out some of the really neat stuff from time to time though.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Top five AE pairs is so hard to narrow down. I got some beloved pairs that did not make the cut. How could I not put these in the top 5?
  • Fugley MacNeils
  • Reverse Kudu HM
  • Burgundy Shell Leeds
  • Antique Burgundy Chesters
  • Olive nubuck McTavish
  • BB Tartan
Others come to mind also.

michaeliany

Reaction score
TS order update from yesterday’s visit to the Costa Mesa store: both pairs on their 2nd build. They’ll call me sometime in early December. I appreciate the QC and look forward to enjoying them. Excellent service and communication.

as for top 5. I checked my spreadsheet and apparently i have 30 “nice” pairs of shoes/boots, 20 of them AE. Currently i most like looking down and seeing these AE:
  • Brown CXL HM
  • Walnut Strand
  • Chili Grain Bradley
  • Brown Cashmere Grain Leeds
  • Oxblood MacNeil (just picked up yesterday and would have worn today but SoCal weather is rain)
i imagine my 2 pairs from TS get bumped to the top once i get them.

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just checked the Schott website and could not find it anywhere. I ordered mine directly from Schott. Appears to be discontinued.

O’Connell’s still has size XL.
Thanks for the link. I will keep my eyes open on those secondary market.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have fantastic news all.

There's an upper set aside for my TS19.2 order.

It's presumably a dusty upper at this point, since it's been sitting aside for about 6 weeks now.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed write up. So you do not take the same size in all 3 lasts?

I am exclusively 8 D in the 333. I take 8 D or 8.5 D in the 65 and 1943, depending on the model.

For today, since we actually have a thunderstorm (I forgot what thunder sounds like), I took the slow 7-footer off the bench. Oh how I wish I had chosen natural. Alden makes a very similar boot in natural, but it's a leather sole (and much more expensive).

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am exclusively 8 D in the 333. I take 8 D or 8.5 D in the 65 and 1943, depending on the model.

For today, since we actually have a thunderstorm (I forgot what thunder sounds like), I took the slow 7-footer off the bench. Oh how I wish I had chosen natural. Alden makes a very similar boot in natural, but it's a leather sole (and much more expensive).

View attachment 1283798

20191120_100223.jpg

7e9aba563f524e6c66bb2c20c12501dc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads