• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ef'd up a bit last night. I was lulled into a conversation with Mrs. smfdoc about specialized Christmas attire for parties. With Ipad in hand I showed her the jingle bell moc from the AE website. First comment was, "Aw those are cute."

Second response a nano-second later was, "$400!? You don't spend that much on shoes, do you?" :hide:

That reminds me, I have to cancel that damn catalog delivery to the house.
No because nine hundo is not four hundo. So, no.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I ef'd up a bit last night. I was lulled into a conversation with Mrs. smfdoc about specialized Christmas attire for parties. With Ipad in hand I showed her the jingle bell moc from the AE website. First comment was, "Aw those are cute."

Second response a nano-second later was, "$400!? You don't spend that much on shoes, do you?" :hide:

The answer is "no, I get them on discount, when they go on sale........" Of course, if she is like my wife, she just rolls her eyes, and knows I DO spend that much on shoes....

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You broke the first rule of Shoe Club. This is what happens.

darkclassic

Reaction score

Mrs darkclassic can rival Ashley in the dark arts of the weasel. And Mrs DC has a few pair of Louboutins herself that I didn't exactly discourage her from obtaining, so way too much enabling goes on here. WAY TOO MUCH.

Edit: Just realized that I did actually buy a pair in my collection for $400 exactly. DAMN.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're right! Pre-tax, closest is $399. Post tax, $401.98.
That... That's less than 1% sales tax. Brb, moving to Texas!

Draconestra

Reaction score

Lmao, not my wife yet, but I have discussed how much my shoes cost to my girlfriend before. The first time she found out, she thought I was kidding. She knew I liked to dress nice, so she was fully aware of some of the clothes I buy, but shoes she never really noticed.

When she realized I wasn’t kidding, she had no idea what to think, other than why? Mind you, she’s into fast fashion, so she thinks I’ll wear these shoes out in a year or two. After explaining to her why they’re so expensive, she does understand why, but because I haven’t gotten a resole yet, she hasn’t seen why they’re a good investment yet.

I think I’m the only one amongst my friends who’s into shoes like I am. I’m willing to bet I’m one of the youngest participants in this discussion too. 😂

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying on my new Surrey Cap-toes:

20191118_surreys.jpg

(Better pics will come from the maiden voyage.)

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I pulled an @smfdoc and posted a few different brands on my top 5 over on the Alden thread (even snuck an AE through the gate) but I’ll do an AE top 5 here -

5. Snuff Saunders Chukka. RL, made by a AE

2A9450F7-DACE-49AA-B220-6529F5BB82D0.jpeg

4. Sullivan Street

A51BDE7B-0520-4EEC-A4C6-6446871B9F87.jpeg

3. Black Waxed HM

F3C34C87-A4F1-4506-AACD-9488555F88AE.png

2. Burgundy Cambridge

B3837865-7B24-44B5-BD36-7ADEBF1B53EA.jpeg

1. Tan Eagle County

03CAB2C1-2F8B-4599-B1DB-660631A12B70.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.