• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I won an ascot from Spoo on ebay. It's my first ascot. I'm quite excited to find an excuse to wear it....maybe Thanksgiving dinner....
Do post a pix, always wanted one, but could never figure out when/how/where to wear it. It will look great with a horsey head! And to keep it on point, a pair of AE shoes or boots.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do post a pix, always wanted one, but could never figure out when/how/where to wear it. It will look great with a horsey head! And to keep it on point, a pair of AE shoes or boots.

I was hoping to wear my Navy Shell Fifth Streets for the thing, but that's definitely not looking like a probable outcome.

Guessing the micro houndstooth suit (the trousers from which you were asking about in another thread), a light blue shirt, and this bad boy would be a proper level of peacock. Oh and I have a lapel pin that's got Skeletor on it and says "Live Laugh Love". Maybe the black Shakers a certain someone sent my way.... :hide:

41ACE780E3EA01371ED2543D7EF8F2C1.jpg

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to wear my Navy Shell Fifth Streets for the thing, but that's definitely not looking like a probable outcome.

Guessing the micro houndstooth suit (the trousers from which you were asking about in another thread), a light blue shirt, and this bad boy would be a proper level of peacock. Oh and I have a lapel pin that's got Skeletor on it and says "Live Laugh Love". Maybe the black Shakers a certain someone sent my way.... :hide:

View attachment 1281966
Wait. Spoo = Luxeswap? How did I not know that?!

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, thought I'd share the list of my AE shoe purchases plus a couple vintage models that I finally jotted down today.
Did all start with the Boulder but otherwise not in chronological order. Next step will be to fill in the blanks plus add more details like last#, sole type, etc. then transfer to a spreadsheet for handy viewing and updating.
Did I just mention, "updating"?! Hoo, boy.

Edit: I see now that I wrote "Kenwood" for Kenmoor. Ah well, first draft. lol.

Attachments

• 20191117_205903.jpg
    20191117_205903.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, thought I'd share the list of my AE shoe purchases plus a couple vintage models that I finally jotted down today.
Did all start with the Boulder but otherwise not in chronological order. Next step will be to fill in the blanks plus add more details like last#, sole type, etc. then transfer to a spreadsheet for handy viewing and updating.

Abandon hope, all ye wallets that enter here.
☠☠☠

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Over on the Alden thread some folks started posting their "Favorite 5" pairs from their collection at the suggestion of @mdubs. Most are well behaved and include only Alden. I bucked tradition and included 3 different brands. So, what are the favorite 5 in YOUR collection?

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’d say you were autocorrected to kenmoor, but it’s piece of paper

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over on the Alden thread some folks started posting their "Favorite 5" pairs from their collection at the suggestion of @mdubs. Most are well behaved and include only Alden. I bucked tradition and included 3 different brands. So, what are the favorite 5 in YOUR collection?

Brown Oak Street
Chili Richmond Street
Walnut University
Chili MacNeil

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Acorn suede HMs
Natty shell Dundees
Walnut shell MacNeils
Burgundy shell HMs
Cappuccino shell McAllister

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads