• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live today with Eva Kuhle of Epaulet

Today, Peter talks to Eva Kuhle of Epaulet, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 4:00 p.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do post a pix, always wanted one, but could never figure out when/how/where to wear it. It will look great with a horsey head! And to keep it on point, a pair of AE shoes or boots.
I was hoping to wear my Navy Shell Fifth Streets for the thing, but that's definitely not looking like a probable outcome.

Guessing the micro houndstooth suit (the trousers from which you were asking about in another thread), a light blue shirt, and this bad boy would be a proper level of peacock. Oh and I have a lapel pin that's got Skeletor on it and says "Live Laugh Love". Maybe the black Shakers a certain someone sent my way.... :hide:

41ACE780E3EA01371ED2543D7EF8F2C1.jpg

SonnyUte

Reaction score
I was hoping to wear my Navy Shell Fifth Streets for the thing, but that's definitely not looking like a probable outcome.

Guessing the micro houndstooth suit (the trousers from which you were asking about in another thread), a light blue shirt, and this bad boy would be a proper level of peacock. Oh and I have a lapel pin that's got Skeletor on it and says "Live Laugh Love". Maybe the black Shakers a certain someone sent my way.... :hide:

View attachment 1281966
Wait. Spoo = Luxeswap? How did I not know that?!

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, thought I'd share the list of my AE shoe purchases plus a couple vintage models that I finally jotted down today.
Did all start with the Boulder but otherwise not in chronological order. Next step will be to fill in the blanks plus add more details like last#, sole type, etc. then transfer to a spreadsheet for handy viewing and updating.
Did I just mention, "updating"?! Hoo, boy.

Edit: I see now that I wrote "Kenwood" for Kenmoor. Ah well, first draft. lol.

Attachments

Last edited:

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, thought I'd share the list of my AE shoe purchases plus a couple vintage models that I finally jotted down today.
Did all start with the Boulder but otherwise not in chronological order. Next step will be to fill in the blanks plus add more details like last#, sole type, etc. then transfer to a spreadsheet for handy viewing and updating.

Abandon hope, all ye wallets that enter here.
☠☠☠

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over on the Alden thread some folks started posting their "Favorite 5" pairs from their collection at the suggestion of @mdubs. Most are well behaved and include only Alden. I bucked tradition and included 3 different brands. So, what are the favorite 5 in YOUR collection?

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’d say you were autocorrected to kenmoor, but it’s piece of paper

VeritasAequitas

Reaction score
Over on the Alden thread some folks started posting their "Favorite 5" pairs from their collection at the suggestion of @mdubs. Most are well behaved and include only Alden. I bucked tradition and included 3 different brands. So, what are the favorite 5 in YOUR collection?
Brown Oak Street
Chili Richmond Street
Walnut University
Chili MacNeil

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Acorn suede HMs
Natty shell Dundees
Walnut shell MacNeils
Burgundy shell HMs
Cappuccino shell McAllister

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good question and easy to answer now that I have a "list".

1. Boulder in blue. My first AE!!
2. Fifth Ave. in dk. chili. The staining and shading is just masterful.
3. Surrey in brown. So well made and nice to touch plus it's on dainite (sorry).
4. MacNeil in brg. crdvn. My first and only shell!
5. MacNeil in oxblood. B/c.. It's oxblood.

Well, that's my AE "Top 5". Look forward to reading all of yours and I know you're going to have a lot tougher time narrowing it down. lol.

gv7123456

Reaction score
Bourbon shell dundee
Shaved shell 1st Ave
Natural CXL HM
Burgundy shell leeds
Merlot calf 5th Ave (surely soon to be replaced by chili shell 1st Ave upon arrival)

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll do this, but I'm actually going to have to think a bit more. Right now, I can easily say my brown shell HMs will be near the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.