• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live today with Eva Kuhle of Epaulet

Today, Peter talks to Eva Kuhle of Epaulet, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 4:00 p.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedarius

Reaction score
For anyone who wants the brown Hamilton boot, they’re $260 on the Nordstrom website right now.
Get them. They are great.
After successfully resisting the brown Hamilton through the RDA and boot sale, evidently the $260 price was below the IRRESISTIBLE BARGAIN / PRACTICALLY FREE filter line that some stupid reptilian part of my brain decides makes it an offer I can't refuse, so ordered these last night.

I've now set myself up for the inevitable spousal reaction where she CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE among the incoming brown grain Hamilton and the brown Sullivan Street, brown grain MacNeil, brown grain/suede Carlos Santos field boot and brown grain C&J Islay in my closet.

Actually, when put that way, it is pretty damned ridiculous. I've really got to do something about this addiction I seem to have. Like making sure to put some shoe bags back on a few of these so they're less visible.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Shelterdog since you were asking about socks... If you were interested in trying Darn Tough, GoBros.com is doing a 25% off sale right now.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After successfully resisting the brown Hamilton through the RDA and boot sale, evidently the $260 price was below the IRRESISTIBLE BARGAIN / PRACTICALLY FREE filter line that some stupid reptilian part of my brain decides makes it an offer I can't refuse, so ordered these last night.

I've now set myself up for the inevitable spousal reaction where she CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE among the incoming brown grain Hamilton and the brown Sullivan Street, brown grain MacNeil, brown grain/suede Carlos Santos field boot and brown grain C&J Islay in my closet.

Actually, when put that way, it is pretty damned ridiculous. I've really got to do something about this addiction I seem to have. Like making sure to put some shoe bags back on a few of these so they're less visible.
I know! The way to am preventing myself from buying the Hamilton at this price is to reward myself with something that isn’t a shoe! This is a great deal, but I actually need things that are not shoes!

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad lighting? Great boots
A802D92A-1247-496A-A566-3D0240646A8A.jpeg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little ceegar Sunday in St. Louis. Haven't worn these in a long time, but they still fit like a glove.

DSC00095.JPG
DSC00098.JPG

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I'd pay good money to buy a print of all of @Roycru's adventures + pictures in a coffee table hardcover.
His ability to approach strange women and get them to do what he wants may also be worth a chapter. ;-)

even if he only uses this power to get his picture taken

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His ability to approach strange women and get them to do what he wants may also be worth a chapter

even if he only uses this power to get his picture taken
They’d be strange not to take to picture

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obviously.

Member how I promised that before/after with the Saphir greasy? Well i slathered up a boot before remembering a before pic so theres one boot for the before. They looked quite similar though so.....imagination maybe. IDK.

Anywho the solo boot is before the two togerher is after. Character and patina are still there, just less prevalent.

Also i ordered the natural and they sent the brown but thats no biggie.

20191117_134543.jpg

20191117_134549.jpg

20191117_140100.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.