• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing these again today. May have finally solved the problem of what to call them.

Since no one seems quite certain whether the saddle parts are shark or kudu, and since they only have a number and no name in them, from now on going to call them Secret Agent Man.

"Secret agent man, secret agent man,
They've given you a number and taken away your name."

IMG_2837.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, standing next to a locomotive earlier today at the place I still call Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal.

IMG_2836.jpeg

On the off chance anyone is wondering how long I've worn blue blazers and taken pictures standing next to locomotives at LAUPT, here's a picture taken when Kennedy was President.

img060.jpeg

Before anyone asks did I just take pictures standing next to locomotives or did I get on the train and go somewhere after taking the pictures, the answer is yes.

IMG_2838.jpeg

Extra Added Attraction: Last year in Arizona I may have discovered the source of shell cordovan safety shoes.

`
P1120368.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wearing these again today. May have finally solved the problem of what to call them.

Since no one seems quite certain whether the saddle parts are shark or kudu, and since they only have a number and no name in them, from now on going to call them Secret Agent Man.

View attachment 1281265

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, standing next to a locomotive earlier today at the place I still call Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal.

View attachment 1281267

On the off chance anyone is wondering how long I've worn blue blazers and taken pictures standing next to locomotives at LAUPT, here's a picture taken when Kennedy was President.

View attachment 1281271

Before anyone asks did I just take pictures standing next to locomotives or did I get on the train and go somewhere after taking the pictures, the answer is yes.

View attachment 1281272

Extra Added Attraction: Last year in Arizona I may have discovered the source of shell cordovan safety shoes.

`View attachment 1281279
OMG the bow tie/stripe shirt combo is awesome!!!!!!! BTW, I like trains as well, except when it is a very, very long slow moving freight train, and I have to wait at the crossing 1/2 mile from my house, when I need to use the bathroom (getting older does that to one). Otherwise they are really cool.

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1281265

View attachment 1281267

View attachment 1281271

View attachment 1281272

`View attachment 1281279
THAT was a skinny tie!

lcdx22

Reaction score
If you’re a 9.5e in the MacNeil, you can thank me later

Looks like they still have an 11E and 11 3E for under $335. Which is a great price.

Not sure if this is some kind of glitch, but just checked amazon for other shell cordovan and found myself a Randolph Burgandy in 13E for less than $240

Screenshot_20191116-222602_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
56A26450-0309-4E9E-A5FE-AEE65D704BAC.png

@Roycru this is not a high quality pic but UP’s No. 4014 did several whistle stops nearby Friday, including Main Street in my town. A 4-8-8-4, it lay dormant in a museum in Pomona for half a century before UP bought it back six years ago and restored it. It hit the road, et, tracks this year. It is the only one of the 25 “Big Boys” built in WWII still in operation. It is the biggest and most powerful steam locomotive still operating. UP sends it on PR tours. Currently celebrating the 150th anniversary of the completion of the transcontinental railroad.

Shoe link: I was wearing burg shell Bradley’s.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1281265

View attachment 1281267

View attachment 1281271

View attachment 1281272

`View attachment 1281279
@Roycru. This should all be in a book by now. Or two.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40