• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven’t looked at BB for custom shirts but I’ve had good luck with proper cloth except for my more recent shirt. I had to increase size for the bicep and the result was giant sleeves beyond the elbow despite holding the same cuff size. Might give Luxire a try I just hate navigating their awful platform to find different fabrics. Pants worked out well with them after a few iterations. My AE belts get used much less because I’ve been wearing pants mostly without loops lately.

I think you'll like what you see from BB. You can increase bicep size without making monkey arms out of them.

Wouldn't mind trying a pair without belt loops! I would feel a bit like James Bond.

Patriot seconds in brown cordovan

View attachment 1277211

Holy combination, batman!! Those Patriots are amazing, they look killer for a seconds shoe!! Those pants are smart, my brother! :p Details on the pants?

1. At no point have i ever stated anything about perfection so knock the strawman bullshit off post haste.

2. Gun laws? Lololol we have way too many of those. But hey if we do the british thing and ban em all then all we have to worry about is rental trucks and crowds, and thats way not as bad right?

Relax and have a bourbon and stop being such a wanker.

View attachment 1277331

He's baaaack, and swinging for the fences!

Nice Daltons, by the way. Did you burnish the toes?

Sizing question:

I've tried on 11D's in the 65 last twice. First time they fit great. Second pair had a bit of heel slippage. 10.5D was an absolutely non-starter, and the 10.5E was still tight on my pinky toe. Store didn't have any 10.5EE...will that do the trick, or should I stick with 11D (my Brannock size) and hope to get a pair where the heel doesn't slip?

Not sure what pair of 11D gave you heel slip (double leather sole?), but I get a fair amount of heel slip when the shoes are brand new. This persists for a number of wears (for me at least).

The soles are extremely stiff, your heel hasn't sunk in to the cork and the laces/lacing system isn't really broken in yet either. If everything else feels good while you just stand there, I think you've got your size.

That being said, I think you're spot on in your 11D sizing. 10.5D being too short, 10.5E being not long enough (toe pinch). If you think you're going to get heel slip with the 11D, you ain't see nothing yet until you see those 10.5EE. I think you'll be flipping and flopping your way to the beach based on what you've told us.

It's your feet and your comfort so you'll know. Coming from a guy who had to change his entire shoe collection out due to a sizing issue, I get where you're coming from.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some go TTS on 65, and some go down length/up width as you tried. 10.5EE will have a wider heel than 11D (even 10.5E has a slightly wider heel). 10.5EE might have too much volume depending on your lace gap in 11D. It sounds like 11D is your best bet, so I'd give it another try on another pair

I don't doubt what you're saying about the heels, but there was no heel slip on the 10.5E, while there was on the 11D. These were all Strands, for the record. I do think it sounds like 11D is my best bet.

Thanks.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers ?

Yeah ok @armedferret . The USA is absolutely perfect, with Trump, gun laws, perpetual war, a wall to keep out Mexicans, etc. What a wonderful country. So much sweet freedom in Murica'. Meanwhile, the British 'nanny' state results in healthcare for all, and housing and benefits for the disabled.

Does this guy seem grouchy to anyone else? @St Hubbins ?

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's baaaack, and swinging for the fences!

Nice Daltons, by the way. Did you burnish the toes?

Something about missing 100% of the shots you don't take. And please, Ashley, don't call the cops and tell them to come point guns in my face again "for my safety" over that comment, once a month is more than enough thanks. That's channeling hockey legend Wayne Gretzky. (I'm going to start making very clear explanations of my references since my last one resulted in a massive ovary-action)

Obliged on the boot compliment; those are 100% as-purchased minus some wax and occasional cream.

papado

Reaction score
I don't doubt what you're saying about the heels, but there was no heel slip on the 10.5E, while there was on the 11D. These were all Strands, for the record. I do think it sounds like 11D is my best bet.

Thanks.

Only other thought is maybe try the Bartlett on the 201? I'm an 11D brannock and I have a pair of shell strands which are so comfy yet i have a pair of mcallisters which I don't love; I've found the 65 last to be fairly inconsistent in my experience. 201 works better for me in general so I would give it a try if you at least have the ability (if not the finances...).

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: Not my eBay link but thought I'd share. Looks like a brand new mislabeled (but great price) pair of Alden x J. Crew longwings in color 8, if anyone is interested... Looks like 12D

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing Non-AE 92604's today as I observe Veteran's Day, and give thanks to all who have served so that we can live in Peace.

Attachments

• 20191111_105430~2.jpg
    20191111_105430~2.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 24

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still rocking the Daltons but I'm at the local pirate bar so lighting is crap. I've already posted one god-awful shot today I won't waste bandwidth with another.

Terrapin Up-Hi IPA, fried dill spears, crab cake sammich, and i think nanners foster for dessert.

Here's the beer.

20191111_164159.jpg

And the pickle.

20191111_172116.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads