• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

schweezly

Reaction score
Dang! those are nice!! One of our colleagues recently posted the black waxed, and they are sweet too!

Turns out you have to try hard to mess up a Higgins Mill (fer instance, with tattoos). Great that AE is using it with various materials, and just letting the boot work its magic with the wearer. HM is the AE Indy. Crowd pleaser that works in various materials, seems to fit just about everyone.

agreed, I really like the brown waxed suede they’re using on these and the mctavish

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing natty shell girly boots this morning.
30EAAC91-6006-4407-8F0D-BA686098D255.jpeg
8517E683-BA66-4E68-9EBA-7242E4C390AC.jpeg
28138DB9-6C1F-4D06-AF5E-A900A99498D3.jpeg
nice pine bark color in the shade.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Early breakfast cause wife kicked me out as soon as she made her surprise entrance from Mexico. I had to take my little Chucky granddaughter also. First topic of discussion is why is Abuela mad? I told her grandma likes to play clean up games alone and she was just playing. Took the Shell 1A’s just cause I was brushing at the time.
C974640C-00C1-44A8-AA7C-7F1621AB0D31.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy to get a catalog but after picking it up I find it to be a J&M catalog. Never bought a J&M shoe. Hmmmm. It is comical to say the least.
431369FC-8B25-496D-B809-B47911F493C3.jpeg

How come no one ever says the most?

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The worst part of travel, waiting for the bags. Nice boots BTW!

Thankfully with one being a C-bag and the other full of frozen meat and a decapitated head--thus marked "time and temperature sensitive"--the chances of loss are, inshallah, quite slim. Airlines have, by federal law, 72 hours to get lost military bags to their final destination. Nobody likes paying for DHL express to somewhere like Syria or Afghanistan, so they tend to be attentive when handling them.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It took so long to break these in (30+ miles walking?) that the edges needed a touch up. I wonder whether v tread is just stiff for a while. Next I’ll condition the suede when I have time
View attachment 1276663
Just the soles feeling stiff? I hand flex to loosen them up, but they should break in pretty quick like normal leather. (Also helps reduce break in toe wear)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thankfully with one being a C-bag and the other full of frozen meat and a decapitated head--thus marked "time and temperature sensitive"--the chances of loss are, inshallah, quite slim. Airlines have, by federal law, 72 hours to get lost military bags to their final destination. Nobody likes paying for DHL express to somewhere like Syria or Afghanistan, so they tend to be attentive when handling them.
Can one make their own "deer bone" for use on shoes from what's in the box?

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It took so long to break these in (30+ miles walking?) that the edges needed a touch up. I wonder whether v tread is just stiff for a while. Next I’ll condition the suede when I have time
View attachment 1276663

I found my suede strands to be quite hard wearing as well - Still don’t really feel broken in. I didn’t have that experience with my other v tread shoes, it almost seems like there is more material in the uppers, keeping things taught. I have a bit more v-gap than other 65 lasted shoes as well.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found my suede strands to be quite hard wearing as well - Still don’t really feel broken in. I didn’t have that experience with my other v tread shoes, it almost seems like there is more material in the uppers, keeping things taught. I have a bit more v-gap than other 65 lasted shoes as well.
Maybe it’s the welt? Very odd. My other suede shoes broke in super quickly. These were so still for so long and after a lot of wears. I also have more v gap in these. I added extra tongue pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads