• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the model name for these AE wingtip medallion oxford brogues? The heelpad is worn; I can just make out an Allen Edmonds logo but that's it. Markings are 10 D, 3720 and second line below is 20788. Oddly enough someone invested in new half soles and heels before donating them. And if anyone wears a 10D and is interested, LMK.
fullsizeoutput_2372.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2373.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2374.jpeg

Last edited:

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the model name for these AE wingtip medallion brogues oxford brogues? The heelpad is worn; I can just make out an Allen Edmonds logo but that's it. Markings are 10 D, 3720 and second line below is 20788. Oddly enough someone invested in new half soles and heels before donating them. And if anyone wears a 10D and is interested, LMK.
View attachment 1276222View attachment 1276223View attachment 1276224
Possibly the Augusta. 3720 would have been walnut around 2008 to 2010.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was one who asked about the Itshide.
I like the side shot. My worry about the Itshide is whether it will appear too 'toothy' from the side, but it has a lower profile than I had expected.

How is it vs the Alden Commando from a comfort perspective?
Well, to tell you the truth I have so many boots with some form of rubber sole, I don’t really notice. Certainly there is nothing uncomfortable about them.

My initial impression is this will be a more durable sole than the translucent ones or that XL lug they introduced recently.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A burst of 87° summer heat today prompted linens and still-great golden brown chromex Rush Streets (my first AEs in the Strand family)...and iced coffee at Peet's...

View attachment 1276301

View attachment 1276303
Very nice, especially considering that natural cxl seems to be on hold for now. We're getting some small smoke clouds that have been drifting from the Burbank area fire. Just for curiosity, I compared bourbon shell to bourbon calf.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m being dead serious here. I browse Ebay and see a shoe and think, “Ooh, I should get those!“ only to realize a few seconds later that I already have that same shoe or boot. Does that ever happen to you?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.