• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, just a day off here and there, which varies. However, I do seem to spend a lot of them in waiting rooms, lately. Such is life, and the errands we must run.
I hear that. It's constant repairs for house and car items or some tendon issue for me.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a splitting headache right now, so I won't be going into long details. My bourbon Strands arrived and although I'm generally very lenient with small flaws, these will have to go back. They didn't follow my instructions, and the QC is pretty bad on this pair. I'll need to reach out to Charleston tomorrow.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear that. It's constant repairs for house and car items or some tendon issue for me.
A friend of mine recently mentioned to me a saying that goes, "life is 95% maintenance and 5% fun". A little depressing but true. lol.

Last edited:

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Better than the dentist or a hospital waiting room. I also take photos of my shoes in waiting rooms, I wonder what the other people think.......
Lol. Yes, today I was "clicking" away but no one's gaze wavered from their phone or tablet to look me up and down so I guess I got away with it. And that's a byproduct of electronic devices and social media. No one cares what's happening right next to them anymore, always just somewhere else.

As you mention "hospital waiting room", that was two days last week (where I did actually get to "socialize" in person with some very nice folks).
After my friend's surgery, did I show you how I busted us out of there on Halloween? Here ya go..

Attachments

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol. Yes, today I was "clicking" away but no one's gaze wavered from their phone or tablet to look me up and down. So I guess I got away with it. And a byproduct of electronic devices and social media. No one cares what's happening right next to them anymore, always just somewhere else.

As you mention "hospital waiting room", that was two days last week (where I did actually get to "socialize" in person with some very nice folks).
After my friend's surgery, did I show you how I busted us out of there on Halloween? Here ya go..
OMG, I love it! Hope your friend is doing well following whatever they had done. Last surgery waiting room for me was when wife had stent installed, if that's the right term. Since it was Cardiac waiting room, and I'm good friends with the main Cardiac surgeon here, I got in quite a few conversations with people who's relatives were going to have open heart surgery. Ron, my friend, is a great cardiac surgeon, and after every procedure, he came over and talked shoes and wine with me. that of course, got all the rest of the people waiting to come over and want to know how good he was, as their husband/wife/whatever was next on his open heart operating list. He didn't do my wife's stent, as he only does open heart, but the guy who did is a great guy and very good, but wears cemented Target or DSW shoes.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OMG, I love it! Hope your friend is doing well following whatever they had done. Last surgery waiting room for me was when wife had stent installed, if that's the right term. Since it was Cardiac waiting room, and I'm good friends with the main Cardiac surgeon here, I got in quite a few conversations with people who's relatives were going to have open heart surgery. Ron, my friend, is a great cardiac surgeon, and after every procedure, he came over and talked shoes and wine with me. that of course, got all the rest of the people waiting to come over and want to know how good he was, as their husband/wife/whatever was next on his open heart operating list. He didn't do my wife's stent, as he only does open heart, but the guy who did is a great guy and very good, but wears cemented Target or DSW shoes.
The AMA should do something about the rampant inferior shoe problem amongst its members. lol.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The AMA should do something about the rampant inferior shoe problem amongst its members. lol.
Agreed! I hate it when my shoes are better than my physicians! My dentist does wear AE and Alden, my Urologist wears sneakers however and my primary care doc wears some square toe crap that is beat to hell. I really want to get them all into good footwear, but never mention it, somehow it feels odd talking about shoes/boots while wearing one of those stupid "gowns".

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a splitting headache right now, so I won't be going into long details. My bourbon Strands arrived and although I'm generally very lenient with small flaws, these will have to go back. They didn't follow my instructions, and the QC is pretty bad on this pair. I'll need to reach out to Charleston tomorrow.
Sorry to hear this, Profila. I'm sure it will get sorted out appropriately.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed! I hate it when my shoes are better than my physicians! My dentist does wear AE and Alden, my Urologist wears sneakers however and my primary care doc wears some square toe crap that is beat to hell. I really want to get them all into good footwear, but never mention it, somehow it feels odd talking about shoes/boots while wearing one of those stupid "gowns".
Yes, It can sometimes be a difficult subject to broach. lol.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know if you are aware of this, but there are a number of MD's on this, and Alden and boots threads. I often wonder how many MD's or other professions are on these threads. How about a "what do you do for a living" questionnaire, I have no idea how to create one, so how about everyone who reads this chime in?

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how to approach it in that situation. If one doesn't ask about my footwear, I don't know how to say, "Hey, your shoes are lousy" while someone is checking me over.
Well, it is always tempting to try and help those less informed, and as I think about this on your mention, for me anyway, it's no different than cigar etiquette really, which is, don't lord over someone else's possibly inferior choice of cigar but just enjoy the brotherhood of smoking.
So, though I do now take special notice of people's footwear (thanks a lot, guys, lol) I'll just continue to leave their choices alone. As the number of people I may rub the wrong way isn't worth the one or two I may "save". Unless as you say, they ask, then they may be in for it. lol.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.