• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took a stroll into the ocean surf, secure in the knowledge I was armed with my Bat shark replant.

View attachment 1245259
That pic looks vintage and glad you posted. Look at Batman's ears then compared to now (in @Roycru's pic). Must be the french bulldog popularity influencing this, is all I can figure.

Attachments

Last edited:

HCapLonghorn

Reaction score
The Submariner is at the top of my list, unless I decide to get a Datejust (love that model).
The DJ41 is a great watch with a superb movement and the two tone white metal looks stunning on the wrist.

Honestly vintage Rolex is way overpriced for me these days. I'd wait for the next economic downturn before looking at one.

The after market premia for modern Rolex sports watches is just absurd. A few years ago could have bought a Batman, Hulk, etc. at list by just walking into my local dealer. Now they can't get any inventory for over 2 years and this is a big west coast dealer.

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inquiring minds want to know...

How many brushes do you have? What is your system? 2-3 or close to 1 for each color?
by color for calf, by color for shell + bick4/leather lotion only brush + no product brush. it's too many brushes but it's what I did

WNovizar

Reaction score

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry beaters are $40 shoes not $400 (speaking MSRP of course)
nah. It’s relative. These Stirlings were seconds. You can spend money on something with the intention of using it hard. Also, Dublin leather takes a beating and cleans up perfectly—I already cleaned mine up.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little wet pavement does not scare me away from a leather sole.
30DC5776-BF8A-4674-8C15-64454A167F42.jpeg

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the Trunk Show craziness, I think that there was an unanswered question about the new Joseph Abboud - Stuart chukka. This is on the 65-last, and a few people were lamenting that it’s only available in D-width. Since it’s on the 65, I’m pretty sure that there has got to be a way to order a pair in another width.
Can you tell us how we would go about this, @ae_ashley?

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah this burgundy pair looks more cherry than any of my other AE pairs. The rest are pretty dark. And my Aldens pull more eggplant. I feel like I like the color of these PAs the best.
My Cambridge is in the same color spectrum as those PAs and they're beautiful. Some of the older batches of AE's burgundy seemed to be really cherry based.

The DJ41 is a great watch with a superb movement and the two tone white metal looks stunning on the wrist.

Honestly vintage Rolex is way overpriced for me these days. I'd wait for the next economic downturn before looking at one.

The after market premia for modern Rolex sports watches is just absurd. A few years ago could have bought a Batman, Hulk, etc. at list by just walking into my local dealer. Now they can't get any inventory for over 2 years and this is a big west coast dealer.
I completely agree! Some of the vintage Rolex models have gone bonkers, it's nuts.

The new stuff is all but unobtainable as well from what I hear, and you're echoing the same. Eventually the bubble will burst, the question is when!

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the Trunk Show craziness, I think that there was an unanswered question about the new Joseph Abboud - Stuart chukka. This is on the 65-last, and a few people were lamenting that it’s only available in D-width. Since it’s on the 65, I’m pretty sure that there has got to be a way to order a pair in another width.
Can you tell us how we would go about this, @ae_ashley?
I have other questions if this is possible. My biggest question is does this makeup have the classic JA Poron padding? This would cause me to go to a C width. Second question has nothing to do with makeup of shoe. This is the first time I remember a third party makeup being sold on AE main website as a new shoe. Is this more of a Artisans of freedom collaboration with AE being the Artisans for JA? Being sold on AE main website essentially means AE is taking more responsibility for marketing and inventory. The one nice thing about making 3rd party shoes has always been once they are sold profit is already made. Bad thing is less profit.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.