• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

goalaso

Reaction score
-A Call For My Split-Sized Mirror Image Trunk Show (Higgins Mill) Twin-

A long shot, but why not. My right foot is a 9.5D in Higgins Mill shell, but my left foot is a 9.5B ideally or a 9D. I'm flexible on makeup- more concerned with fit- so if there is someone out there, wanting an HM, who has the mirror image foot issue, and is just compromising like me, PM me!
**In other words, if you ideally want a LEFT 9.5D and RIGHT 9B or 9.5D, then we can coordinate makes and order two pair in both sizes in order to switch left/right accordingly.**
Perfection.
Find me, mirror twin. Find me.
Sorry, there was a key typo in the sizes in the starred paragraph, now amended:
*In other words, if you ideally want a LEFT 9.5D and RIGHT 9D or 9.5B, then we can coordinate makes and order two pair in both sizes in order to switch left/right accordingly.**

ptfly

Reaction score
Well I was naive enough to think that two TS orders would quench the thirst for new shell but I still have my eye on a bourbon McNeil.
Any opinions yah or nah?
Not too many LWB in the closets (no light ones) and now I know the McNeil fits (just ordered a green pair).
Would a brown shell belt work?
Some say it pairs with a lot of pant colors and others seem frustrated trying to get it in the rotation.
The new pictures of bourbon look lighter than last round. No burnishing? There is quite a variance in colors/value as I look for AE images here.

Last edited:

lcdx22

Reaction score
October shell sale?
They have it every year in October. Usually 15% off. Last year they had it, but then in like November they had $200 off. Never saw shells discounted $200 before. I don't believe we will see that again.

But I expect that like the last few years we should see the 15% off in October sometime. Don't have any insider info, just a thought given they've done it for a while now.

lcdx22

Reaction score
Well I was naive enough to think that two TS orders would quench the thirst for new shell but I still have my eye on a bourbon McNeil.
Amy opinions yah or nah?
Not too many LWB in the closets (no light ones) and now I know the McNeil fits (just ordered a green pair).
Some say it pairs with a lot of pant colors and others seem frustrated trying to get it in the rotation.
The new pictures of bourbon look lighter than last round. No burnishing? There is quite a variance in colors/value as I look for AE images here.
Do it!!!

lcdx22

Reaction score
Inquiring minds want to know...

How many brushes do you have? What is your system? 2-3 or close to 1 for each color?

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How many brushes do you have? What is your system? 2-3 or close to 1 for each color?
Dark calf
Light calf
Dark shell (for saphir cordovan creams)
No pigmented shell brushing
Oiled leather

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just two. One for brushing shell and the other for everything calf related.

Still can't believe I woke up today to find a ton of University shoes magically appeared. How odd is that? Where did they come from? Was Ms. Caleres watching me?
Just graduated I imagine!

SonnyUte

Reaction score
Amy opinions yah or nah?
I like the bourbon color. The undertones are a bit cooler when compared with other lighter colors like walnut, chili, etc. I think they pair great with cooler fits: grey, navy, olives and taupes with cool undertones.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any opinions yah or nah?
Absolutely! If you saw the TS2019v1 photos, the bourbon Macs were stellar!
Ima get one more pair myself of shell this time. Its going to be a Bourbon Mac in all liklihood.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

7!
black calf
burgundy calf
dark brown calf
light brown calf
Shell-CXL-grain (ie, no polish)
suede
Office desk drawer brush for quick dust offs (never used with any product).

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.