• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing != getting the damn thing inside the building. :hide:
For sure. I got stopped for bringing a damn BLT into the building when I was on a tour over Easter Break....

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like my job, I'm 5 years from retiring, I really *REALLY* have to stress my desire to not do things that would actually cause me to become arrested.

The desire is understandable, but the reality says “No.” This is why there is photoshop. Make it happen even if it didn’t.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking, if you were hypothetically invited to a hypothetical tour of the hypothetial West hypothetical Wing of the alleged White House....

Broadstreet (walnut/bone), Strand (walnut), Bourbon Dalton, or Olive Strandmok?

The answer is Olive Strandmok. And RUMINT is the oval thingamajig has been under renovation and possibly done. so you know.

The horse is definitely NOT going. Even I know my limits. :hide:
I was going to say get your Woodrow Wilson on and wear the Broadstreet.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking, if you were hypothetically invited to a hypothetical tour of the hypothetial West hypothetical Wing of the alleged White House....

Broadstreet (walnut/bone), Strand (walnut), Bourbon Dalton, or Olive Strandmok?

The answer is Olive Strandmok. And RUMINT is the oval thingamajig has been under renovation and possibly done. so you know.

The horse is definitely NOT going. Even I know my limits. :hide:
And I thought the Horse was just part of you.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Make it a great weekend. The pair that stopped me from ordering chili MacNeils.

3CF2D963-F9E8-46FA-B0E1-BBDBCF447D8B.jpeg

Rufian

Reaction score
How many people have had these shoes especially 65 last rub your ankle bone?

I bought two shoes, both hit my left ankle bone, the second shoe I ordered recently didn't rub as much but still, I decided to keep them because if I put some thin gel heel pads, the problem is solved, that's all fine and dandy, but it shouldn't be like that.

I haven't broken them in yet.

Why do these shoes always have problems like this or is my anatomy. People say is leather needs to be broken, if that's the case then why is always my left ankle bone and not the right one? Not sure if is an anatomy issue or the shoes.

I think is anatomy as I owned cheap calvin klein dress shoes and the same happened but in both ankle bones.

How annoying you spend hundreds, get excited only for the shoes to cause pain? and you have to resort to ghetto modifications just to be comfortable, shouldn't be like that

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the problem with Leeds. The pattern is a little too “deep” for my foot. I just wear thicker socks to keep the rubbing from chafing.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many people have had these shoes especially 65 last rub your ankle bone?

I bought two shoes, both hit my left ankle bone, the second shoe I ordered recently didn't rub as much but still, I decided to keep them because if I put some thin gel heel pads, the problem is solved, that's all fine and dandy, but it shouldn't be like that.

I haven't broken them in yet.

Why do these shoes always have problems like this or is my anatomy. People say is leather needs to be broken, if that's the case then why is always my left ankle bone and not the right one? Not sure if is an anatomy issue or the shoes.

I think is anatomy as I owned cheap calvin klein dress shoes and the same happened but in both ankle bones.

How annoying you spend hundreds, get excited only for the shoes to cause pain? and you have to resort to ghetto modifications just to be comfortable, shouldn't be like that
And of course, you could always get bespoke shoes made just for your foot. Though we’re talking thousands here.

The MacNeil has a much shallower ankle cup, if I recall.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going by the spreadsheet anyway, no style has been ordered in every color. Two, the Dundee and Strand, each have five. With Dundee lacking an antique cherry and Strand a navy.
Just discovered the pie charts (main page, to the right of the notes). Very nice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads