• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HCapLonghorn

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I find myself still undecided regarding the trunk show selections. I've pretty much concluded that chili is a bit too close to my vintage #8 shell, which has thrown a wrench into my plans. Can those of you who have navy shell comment a bit about how you are pairing it with trousers? I really like how the navy looks but it feels like a non-conventional choice, which is making me a bit panicy that I won't wear them. Do they work with khakis? Or are they best in the light/mid grey spectrum?

edit: LOL, @pbrandes coming in with the very timely post at the same time as mine.
I'm having the same debate - chili vs navy strands. one thing chili has going for it is one-off status, navy has been around multiple times.

WNovizar

Reaction score

WNovizar

Reaction score
65. Yes. Don't change sizes for shell.
Thanks, does anyone know how Fifth Street would look like with reverse welt?

Last edited:

Rithrin

Reaction score
Speaking of Fifth Streets, I'm considering making a TS order for a pair of Burgundy Fifth Streets. It'll probably be raining a lot in the coming winter here and I still need to look presentable at work. What do you all think the practical limit is on how dressed up a pair can be? Would you wear that combination with a suit?

Unrelated photo of my Fifth Aves, so I can finally contribute something :p
IMG_20190819_130807.jpg

Attachments

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they have a lot of health issues that cause vet bills to be high? I thought 2 dogs were expensive (they really gotcha with the heart worm medicine, costs more than anything wife and I take)
The most common expensive thing is blockage when they find something rubbery to eat. As long as you can keep them away from that sort of thing (we have a lot of the house blocked off like you'd do for a toddler) that avoids most. But insulinoma (kinda like diabeetus) and lymphoma are sadly too common and both involve surgery.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last day of Audit. Screw the auditor.
C9318E18-486F-435E-847A-BD2727B0BC6A.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.