• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wingtip Wednesday with vintage Barrie's.
IMG_20190911_090517.jpg

stook1

Reaction score
Awesome photos! Curious, have you ever seen Color 4 in person? Just curious how close Chili is to Color 4, not that it matters all that much. It seems to be a little more reddish and perhaps a little less consistently colored but overall seems to be the closest of the standard colors.

They look GREAT.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, I am going to make a request to @ae_ashley about pictures. I am personally getting confused about chili. I see pictures and some of them are quite burnished and others are not. So I see pictures and I am wondering “is that chili, or a lighter burgundy shoe, or is it a shaved shell that does not have a lot of shaving? So, it would be helpful to see a single post that says “here are pictures of the examples of chili to date.” Here are pictures of burgundy. Here are pictures of brown.

AJ1

Reaction score
If we can see photos of the different edge options that would be great as well. Thanks for all you do for us!

Okay, I am going to make a request to @ae_ashley about pictures. I am personally getting confused about chili. I see pictures and some of them are quite burnished and others are not. So I see pictures and I am wondering “is that chili, or a lighter burgundy shoe, or is it a shaved shell that does not have a lot of shaving? So, it would be helpful to see a single post that says “here are pictures of the examples of chili to date.” Here are pictures of burgundy. Here are pictures of brown.

Last edited:

ae_ashley

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
No problem. I'll do that tomorrow.

michaeliany

Reaction score
Saw what appeared to be a black Bradley in the image dump. Is the Bradley part of the trunk show as well?
I wondered that too. The Bradley probably wandered from their regular Shell display to the Trunk Show Samples table.
I'm wondering if that's just really dark burgundy.
He said some of these Shell samples are old, as in they are older display models.
They just need to be wiped down and brushed.
Is that brown shell park ave or brown shaved?
Shaved/Antique Cherry.
He warned that there will be color variation.
In fact, there was a triangle shape on the 5A vamp, right behind the capote broguing.
Is that 5 Street in this second bunch of shots Shaved or Chili?
This one, I mean
View attachment 1239252
And is that a buff edge?
I looked at this Shaved/Antique Cherry Fifth Street for a good amount of time.
I believe this is that translucent brown edge.
Why is there a Cambridge in the bunch
Again, it probably wandered over from their regular Shell display.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kudos to @michaeliany for that great scouting report. That has only reinforced my original thoughts on my order. It's a shame I can't access the shaved shell - beautiful work in that material!

Cherry (aged burgundy shell) Dundees...

View attachment 1239332

View attachment 1239333
Exactly why I am not so carried away about what each color looks like initially. I will never be that guy who wines “the chili looked like #4 in the example and mine is bright garnet”, Boo Hoo.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fifth Street in anticipation.
ACAAB82D-B28E-4890-B14C-51AF3FB295EE.jpeg

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kudos to @michaeliany for that great scouting report. That has only reinforced my original thoughts on my order. It's a shame I can't access the shaved shell - beautiful work in that material!

Cherry (aged burgundy shell) Dundees...

View attachment 1239332

View attachment 1239333
You all make the Dundee look so good! I wish it fit better because it was my first choice in Chili. Ironically, the Dalton and Leeds both fit me fine! Hopefully my Chili Dalton will look as nice as the past and upcoming makeups shared by all of you "Weasels" from TS19.1 and TS19.2.
Viva La Trunk Show!!!
Flipping weasel.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.