• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

DoubleOldFashioned

Reaction score
What does everyone think of a bourbon Dalton with a split reverse welt and buff edge? I have a walnut calf Dalton that I really like, and I've always wanted a similar model in shell. But I don't know about the split reverse welt. Regular Daltons have a flat welt and natural or brown edging, and the designers chose that for a reason, so... what does the group think?
I know this was discussed a few days (and tons of pages) ago, but I’ve always thought the Dalton would look better with a split welt. Here are pics from a listing of walnut shell Daltons with split welt (if these pics are from your listing, they are gorgeous):
E5B4A0AD-A199-4042-A56E-6709F4A2BC56.jpeg
C2E697B8-3743-4DF8-BA6B-F8FE6B47F44B.jpeg
B5B69E71-0E8A-4CA2-B00C-E9CE2164AE22.jpeg

Bourbon daltons with split welt and brown edging would look SHARP.

Last edited:

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish I was an EEE person, just because it would sound cool to tell others, "I'm an EEE person."
Representing the EEE people of Earth by wearing 9EEE white suede Nomads today. (My Brannock size is 8.5 EEEE.)

IMG_2244.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures and for fans of "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow" pictures.

IMG_2242 2.jpeg

Hope everyone likes this picture. I'm old and it's no longer easy for me to get up on or off a stool like that.

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads and for fans of "As American as apple pie" pictures.

IMG_2236.jpeg

On 9/11 I was working at an upscale retail chain in their Century City (West Los Angeles) store. A few days after 9/11 there was a staff meeting and the manager handed out little American flag pins HQ had sent to all the stores.

When the manager handed me mine, I said. "Thank you", and then looked at the bag it was in and said, "It says 'Made In China' on mine". Wear mine every year on 9/11.

Some may remember right after 9/11 there was a threat (later proven false) a mall was going to be blown up on Halloween.
Out of the several dozen workers and employees in the store only three of us, a Lead Sales Associate, a Stock Girl, and I volunteered to work on Halloween, so the three of us worked from 8:00am to 10:00pm on Halloween 2001. Highlight of the day was when the Stock Girl made a $17,000.00 sale.

EXTRA ADDED ATTRACTION picture.

IMG_2251 2.jpeg

(Not my yellow stuffed animal.)

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walnut wingtip Wednesday in Seattle
0A3FD428-27F6-4272-B2F5-A85ABDAF5C93.jpeg

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Representing the EEE people of Earth by wearing 9EEE white suede Nomads today. (My Brannock size is 8.5 EEEE.)

View attachment 1239076

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures and for fans of "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow" pictures.

View attachment 1239078

Hope everyone likes this picture. I'm old and it's no longer easy for me to get up on or off a stool like that.

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads and for fans of "As American as apple pie" pictures.

View attachment 1239082

On 9/11 I was working at an upscale retail chain in their Century City (West Los Angeles) store. A few days after 9/11 there was a staff meeting and the manager handed out little American flag pins HQ had sent to all the stores.

When the manager handed me mine, I said. "Thank you", and then looked at the bag it was in and said, "It says 'Made In China' on mine". Wear mine every year on 9/11.

Some may remember right after 9/11 there was a threat (later proven false) a mall was going to be blown up on Halloween.
Out of the several dozen workers and employees in the store only three of us, a Lead Sales Associate, a Stock Girl, and I volunteered to work on Halloween, so the three of us worked from 8:00am to 10:00pm on Halloween 2001. Highlight of the day was when the Stock Girl made a $17,000.00 sale.

EXTRA ADDED ATTRACTION picture.

View attachment 1239086

(Not my yellow stuffed animal.)
Now that’s a sky high Apple pie right there! You in the booth often (radio, not restaurant)?

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of new Jeffersons bc of summer clearance & labor day sale.
These are fn unbelievably great.
View attachment 1239097
I noticed this brown Jefferson 2.0. It's not the 1.0, and it's not the merlot style number. Perhaps these were another shoe that they pulled the plug on after they made a few pairs.

michaeliany

Reaction score
So excited i'm soon off to the South Coast store again to try on some MacNeils to dial in on the better fit for anticipated TS order(s).
So by Friday, I will have been to the store 3x this week!

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.